* Wood works *

• Brianne's POV •

I awoke to the screeching sound of the alarm set on my phone. I turned it off and rolled right back over. Nothing was worse than having a good nights sleep and something, anything interrupting it.
But I knew I had to get up because Mr. Lyles' Poetic Arts class began in a little over an hour. I sat up to see Brooklyn already looking at me.
"Morning," I yawned. "Morning," she greeted back looking half awake. "You alright?" I asked grabbing the clothes I had prepared to put on from yesterday. Brooklyn nodded yes," I just am slowly awakening." I let out a small laugh at her and walked towards the bathroom. The white tiles on the floor were cold as ice as I walked upon them with bare feet. I laid my clothes down and began my morning routine of brushing my teeth, hitting the shower, and getting all 'dolled' up.
I tried to finish a little earlier than usual since we both had to leave out at the same time this morning and to the same class. I was lacing up my shoes when Brooklyn came out fully clothed.
Today she had on her red jeans, black combat boots, and white low cut tee. Her hair was curled and swooped to the side of her shoulder. As for me, I had my hair in a bun on top of my head, purple Nike hoodie and my ripped jeans.
It was a more relaxed and chill type of day, especially since we were wood sculpting in class. I would be wood sculpting the body of Deshawn, and oh what a sexy body that was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Take your seats please," Mr. Lyles begged of us. Every one scrambled along to their work station. I was already there when Deshawn came with his belongings and sat on the stool next to me. I waved at him as he got his material out. "Hey lil ma," he grinned. I rolled my eyes even though I kind of liked it when he called me that. But I wasn't going to tell him that just yet.
He sat a Green sketching tablet on top of his binder. He had written DMH JR. on the cover of it. While he had his head turned I reached for the book to take a look at what was inside. As I slowly pulled it towards me he grabbed my hand with a strong grip. I looked at him to see that he was no where near happy at me trying to lurk through his belongings. "What are you doing?" He questioned.
"I just wanted to take a peek," I said. D shook his head no.
"Why not?" I whined.
"Because it's...mine and its...personal," he explained pushing my hand away. I sighed," Well will I ever get to see what's in there?"
"It's just paper," he joked.
"What's on the paper though," I retorted.
He grinned a small grin," If I feel like showing you one day...I will. When I feel like you deserve to see."
I closed my eyes and then reopened them, " Fine."
He smiled at the fact that I was a anxious to see the inside.

"Ok, so as you can plainly see...at each of you alls stations you have two doll sized blocks of wood, chisel, mallet, sand paper block and a curved knife. You will use the knife and chisel to create your body. The only way to make it right is to start of by using the torso area. It will allow for the rest to fall into place. The sand paper block needs to be use every time you carve something to keep it from splintering. If I see splinters you will see F's," Mr. Lyles smiled but was so serious. "The mallet is help when shaping your wood. Please take into consideration what I have told and taught you. If I see you goofing around points will be deducted. These tools are dangerous." He ended.
I got up out my chair and pulled the block to on top of the station. I grabbed a tall canvas from the corner and put it up as a wall between the two of us. Mr. Lyles had told us that neither partner should see what you depicted them as until the day he graded the exam.
Deshawn peeked around the board to look at me. "So how should we start?"
"Torso, remember? I have to chisel it out from the middle and work my way to your face and the rest of your body."
"I mean what do you want me to do," he restated.
"Stand there and...look nice," I pointed out to him. Deshawn stood up and took a few steps back from the station so I could get a full body view of him. The polo sweater he had on fit him just right. I could tell where his muscles formed in it. I picked up the knife and chisel in my hands ready to begin when he slowly pulled his shirt off. I gulped at the sight as I bit my lip. I hadn't him seen him anymore bare than when he had on his jersey. He sat the sweater on his stool and ran his hand threw his short thick curly hair. "Alright," he grunted. I looked around to see if any others had there shirts off. Only one guy did and he didn't look as well as D did because his body wasn't as toned, but I noticed a few girls looking over at him now. They had huge smiles across their faces. I turned my attention back to him, still biting my lip. I began to make an incision in the wood as if I was performing a surgery. "Don't make me too ugly," he warned me. I smiled jokingly,"That's going to be hard considering that you are."
D shook his head," Let's not play that game."
I nodded in agreement. "Cus I bet ya I look better than any of the niggas you've talked to," he added. That was surely not a lie. "You're a close second," I lied. "Sure I am," he answered sarcastically.
I tried to my best to chisel out that perfect 6 pack of his. This was frustrating because I've never done anything like it before. It didn't help that the fact that Deshawn couldn't be completely still either.
"Will you stop!" I begged.
"I ain't do none," he pouted.
"You keep swaying back and forth," I told him.
He just brushed me off. All over his torso and arms were a gallery of professionally done tattoos. The ones that caught my eyes the most were the word love going down his right rib cage, the word loyalty on his right bicep and sacrifice on the left one. I thought to myself about how I could be all that if he in return he could meet me halfway. And of course not if  there was a baby in the way. Hopefully not.
I was tattoo less but I had always wanted at least one. I had a fascination for art and to have a master piece on your body permanently everywhere you went was awesome to me. But I didn't have much meaningfulness going on in my life to get one. I felt that if I got one it had to mean something near and dear to me. I wasn't going to go putting cheetah print all over me and it had no sentimental value. Apparently all of Deshawn's hundreds of tats seemed to be important to him.
"Bri? You alright?" He asked noticing that I had stopped chiseling and was drooling over his perfect body frame.
"Huh!?" I jumped nervously.
He smirked," You know...why stare in the window when you can buy?"
It took me a moment to catch on to what he was dishing out.
When I did I let out a sly smile,"Because I'm broke."
He licked his lips.
"Well I can give you a deal," he offered coming closer my way. I moved the piece of wood to the side so he can't see my work. Even though it wasn't much to see anyways.
"What kind of deal?" I asked eager to know. I got up off my stool and wiped the saw dust on my apron.
"How bout I make it free?"
"I would like that," I laughed sheepishly while looking at the floor. This was not the conversation I had planned to have with D today. Even though I had day dreamed of what it would be like to have him on me on several occasions. Body to body. Deshawn circled around me until he was behind me. As he did so, I reached out to caress his milk chocolate body. Out the corner of my eye, I could see some of our classmates watching but surprisingly that didn't make me or him stop from flirting with each other. Even Brooklyn had glanced over several times. Once he was behind he pressed up on me so close that I could feel his friend rubbing against my butt. I wanted to melt right then and there. He leaned down and whispered in my ear. "I figured you would."