* Not Your Average *

"You were supposed to be home by 10," Brooklyn fussed as I brushed my teeth. I rolled my eyes and continued to brush. For the past 5 minutes she had been on my case, and for that same amount of time I was trying to ignore her. I rinsed my mouth with Listerine and sighed. "I should've double locked the door on your late ass." "You and I both know you would've let me in eventually," I sang. "So what happened?" "Oh whatever do you mean?" I hummed washing my hands. "Oh come on don't play estúpido with me Bri. What happened on the date?" "We just talked and had dinner," I answered plainly. We both strided down the hall to the bedroom. Brooklyn yawned," There's no way in hell it took y'all that long to eat and just 'talk'." "Time tends to go by fast," I stated. "Miss me with the bullshit Brianne. What else happened?" "We went out for ice cream at Frozen near the park downtown after dinner and we just...walked." "Walked?" Brooklyn asked frowning. I nodded as I laid down on my bed, "Yep." "Was the conversation...freaky?" She asked with a sly smile on her face. "Yea because me talking about how much I want to sit on his penis is the best conversation to have on a first date," I smiled sarcastically. Brooklyn threw one of her mini pillows at me. "He probably thinks you're nice now just wait until he hears your sarcastic ass mouth." "Whatever. You just make sure you don't have plans Thursday at 6:30 because we're going to the basketball game." "We are?" She looked surprised. "Yep, he invited us to come. He's getting us some free tickets and afterwards we're going going the after party." "No way. You agreed to go to the game and to the party!? Must be nice." The only reason she was shocked was because I wasn't a party person I would go out only of my friends were going. You could say to a certain extent I was antisocial. I just laughed and smiled," Must be."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
•Deshawn's POV•

I felt like texting her but I didn't want her to think that I was needy or something. The date had turned out to be more than what I played it out to be. After dinner we went to Frozen and found out we both shared a love for chocolate and Oreo ice cream. Chocolate period for that matter. Ashleigh hated chocolate cause she said that it caused pimples and some other dumb shit that I never understood. Brianne actually liked basketball and other sports. She seemed interested in the fact that I wanted to be a teacher, too. And you could tell she was genuine with it. She wasn't trying to impress me it just happened to be that she did. I guess it's that whole southern thing she has going on that has her like that cause she mentioned she was from Georgia. As for me I lived my entire life here in the Chi so our background was kinda different. I tried not to get too personal with her but it was hard not to because she was so easy to talk to.
It was different going out with her. But it was a good different. So good that it made me want to ask her out again and I did but not for a one on one. I asked her to come to my teammate Trey's after party and to bring her friend with her. Once I asked and she excepted, I forgot the fact that Ashleigh would be there since Trey is her cousin and all. Hopefully it won't go wrong.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mr. Harris, you're late," Mr. Lyles mentioned when I came in the classroom. I sighed. I had been in the gym practicing before class since we had a game tomorrow, but that wasn't an excuse to Mr. Lyles. "You got a pass?" He asked. "No sir," I shook my head. He sighed," Go take your seat Deshawn." I began to make my way to sit next to Bri who seemed to not notice I had came in. "Hi," she said once I sat down. "Wassup," I replied throwing my head back. I pulled out my red notebook for this class out my backpack. "Sorry I'm late," I told her. "Don't be sorry be careful. We have a project to do and being late won't get it done," she snapped. "Did I do something?" I asked wondering why she was being like that. "No, why?" "You just seemed...upset." "Oh no. I just take my work seriously. This is my last year after all and I'm not trying to get behind." I nodded," I forgot to tell you I enjoyed last night." "Oh, me too," she smiled. "Still on for tomorrow?" "Yea of course." "So about this project, what are we actually sculpting?" I asked. The other day I really wasn't paying attention because I had been up all night studying for another class exam.  "The naked body." She answered. My eyes got huge. I guess she noticed and laughed," We're supposed to be designing our 'thoughts' of our partners naked body to show each other how we see one another." So many thoughts went through my head but I kept them to myself. "We're not actually getting naked though?" I Asked. Brianne shook her head no. I was slightly disappointed. "Why? Is that what you were expecting?" She asked. "Sort of, yeah," I laughed. "Nasty self." I smiled because she didn't even know how true that really was.