Goodbye and Realization.

Start from the beginning

Arriving at the same pizza place we went to before, I get out and go order and meet Austin at a game. “Want to play?” I shake my head, “Na, I would rather watch.” After we eat and talk we decide to go hang out at the beach. We play in the water and take a walk on the beach. Austin decides he wants to go get ice cream and I agree it sounded amazing. We are walking down the board walk when I smell something and I start to feel sick seeing a little bathroom I go get sick. Austin is outside waiting with ice cream. “You still want it?” Smiling I nod, “Yes. I want ice cream so bad.” He just laughs, “This is a weird stomach flu.” I nod, “Yeah, I think I am going to go to the doctor tomorrow if I don’t feel better.” “Yeah, that would be good. I wish I could go with you.”

 I stop walking and pull him to the side, “Austin, I wish you could too but this tour is something you cannot pass up.” He looks up and I see hurt in his eyes, “I know, I am just going to really miss you. Can you promise me something?” I nod, “Ally, please keep in contact with me. I want to text, email, or call every day.” Smiling I take his hand, “Austin, of course. I want that too.” He looks down, “One more thing. Well two.”After a long pause I barely hear him say anything but I catch, “…Alex… Please.”  “Huh, I didn’t hear you.” “Ally, if anything happens between us please don’t date Alex. I don’t like him. I see the way he looks at you. Please Ally. Also, I know I hate the guy. I just made that clear but I know he would never let anything happen to you.  I trust you completely and I know you would not let anything happen. Ally, please take Alex with you to the doctor tomorrow. “I am shocked, “Austin, I am not going to date Alex. I love you. I am not taking Alex with me tomorrow. I will be fine by myself. If I have to take anyone I will take Trish. I love you. Don’t get jealous, Alex is just a friend.” Leaning up I kiss his lips and I can tell he is relieved.

After an amazing day we are at the tour bus and I am not ready to say goodbye. “Ally, I really do not want to leave you. Can we just cancel?” “Austin, no. Go. I will miss you like crazy. I will but you can’t turn this down.” He nods, “I can’t wait for five months to be over. So I can be back here with you.” Smiling I lean my head into his chest and he wraps his arms protectively around me. “Five months will fly by. I promise.”  “I got you something.” Pulling away I look at him as he grabs something from his pocket. It’s a box. “Austin, we are. . .” getting cut off by, “Ally, I know what you are thinking. We are too young for that right now. I want to marry you some day but we are not ready. I got you something else.” He opens the box and I see an amazing necklace. It is silver and has a heart with a key. However the unique thing about it is it has a music note that is making the key with the heart. “Aw, Austin, I love it. It’s beautiful.”I kiss him and pull back to look at it again. It also has a diamond in it. “I’m glad. Turn around.” I feel the necklace being put on my neck and when he is done I look down to see it lays perfect.  “I got you something too.” He smiles and puts his hand out. He is such a kid. I grab the necklace from my pocket and give it to him. He looks at it with a smile. The necklace is on a rope like string and it has a guitar pick with an A on it. “A for Ally?” Laughing I shake my head, “A for Austin but yeah I guess it could be both.” He pulls me to him after putting the necklace on and kisses me. “I love it. I will wear in every day.” “Austin, we have to leave. Wrap it up.”  I see Jimmy is standing at the door. “I’m glad you like it. I love you Austin. I will miss you so much.” He wraps his arms around me more, “I love you too Als. I am going to miss you too.” I start crying and he pulls me back to wipe the tears, “Everything will be okay. I will be back soon. Like you said the time will fly by.” Nodding I lean up and kiss him.

“I love you Ally. Text me, call me, email me, and I will do the same.” “I love you too Austin. I will I promise.” We kiss again and I feel everything disappear. It is just me and him. We pull back from lack of air, “Go rock the stage. You will do great.” Smiling he kisses me again before we say I love you again and he is gone.

Lying in bed, I look at my ceiling and play with my necklace. I already miss him.  I get up to get ready for bed. I go under my sink to find my extra toothpaste and see my tampons. Wait, I didn’t get my period this month. I am never late. I run to my calendar. I was suppose to get it around the time me and Austin, “No, I can’t be pregnant.” Everything starts to click. The sickness, the craving for pizza and the changing in feelings, it all makes since. Sitting on my bed I look at the picture of me and Austin and just cry.

Austin’s Pov.

Getting on the bus it was cool. I look around and see a flat screen TV, video game systems and more. I go to my bunk after talking to Jimmy about work. I start to think about Ally as I play with my necklace.  Everything starts to flood my mind. Us being each other’s first, the pizza place, the kisses, her smiles, and that weird sickness. Wait, Ally didn’t need me to rub her back because of her cramps. Did she not get her monthly friend? I am racking my brain for the dates I am called to rub her back and eat ice cream. That was around the time we were together. Everything clicks, “Ally can’t be pregnant.”