After I made sure Diana called his family, I went back to check on the others progress and help out. We finally had him hooked up to the ventilator to stabilize his breathing.

"When will visitors be allowed to see the patient?" I ask for Annabeth's sake.

"In a bit, as long as someone stays for a bit to supervise the patient, Percy's breathing" Dr. Hua answers.

It is only a while later when Annabeth enters. She rapidly goes over to get a chair and brings it over to the bed. She sits down as close as possible and squeezes her husband's hand. She stayed in silence but didn't once take her gaze off of him.

"I can see you really love him" I told her.

She nodded, not daring to pull her eyes off her husband.

"He's been my best friend for 13 years. I can't lose him now" Annabeth's voice was shaky.
I knew she was trying really hard not to cry.

Thriteen years was a long time. She was in her early twenties so she would have met Percy as a young teenager. I'd only met my husband two years before I'd married him and I've known him for roughly seven years now.

"I'm sure there's nothing to worry about. The doctors here are very well trained and have years of experience. Besides, your husband looks like he's a fighter" I assure her.

She smiles slightly.

"Yeah" is all she manages.

I decided she wanted to be alone. I had finished checking up anyways and everything seemed to be fine. I waved goodbye and headed towards the door. As I walk out of the room, I wonder what had happened to him to end up in such a horrible state.

I was checking up on a man in his forties who had been in a car crash a week ago. He had been in a coma ever since his accident and he hasn't had any visitors. He's a John Doe. They haven't found any evidence as to who he is, which really saddens me. My mind wanders off to Annabeth and the events that just occured.

I suddenly might know how her husband got into this condition. I finish up with John Doe and walk back to where the new patient was.

To my relief, she was still there. I walk to where she sat and hover over her.

"Mrs. Jackson? What I'm about to ask you may be very personal and I might be out of my mind. But if I do know the answer, I might be able to really help" I say quietly but strong, looking at her with a serious stare.

She stands up to face me and gives me a questionable look.

"I'll say one word. Judging by your expression, I'll know my answer" I explain.

"Ok" she agrees while nodding.

I take in a deep breath.

"Half-Blood?"

She sucks in some oxygen and her eyes widen, as if she was wondering how a stranger knew about one of her deepest hidden secrets. I could feel the tension floating in the air.

"Yes" she confirms.
"Half-blood."

"I won't tell anyone" I assure her.

She stares at me, still shocked.

"How did you know?" She asks me.

I give her a warm smile.

"I'm one too. My father is the god of medicine, Asclepius" I explain.