Mollie Fitzpatrick

Mollie Fitzpatrick's POV:

I sat in the middle of my bed crying over a book Annabeth gave to me for Christmas. It was so sad. Tears kept falling onto the pages and after the first few chapters I put the book down so I wouldn't ruin the pages. It's called Can't Look Away by Donna Cooner. I remember the exact day when Annabeth gave it to me.

Flashback*

It was the end of the day. Annabeth and I were supposed to stay because she made me volunteer with her to set up for the Christmas party later on tonight. I found her after class and I had my present for her.

"Here Annie" I say excitedly. I knew she didn't like it when I called her that but I'm the only one that I know of who won't get beaten up" when I do.

I hand her my badly wrapped present (I was never really good at it) and she handed me a present that was perfectly wrapped.

"Open it" she tells me.

"You first" I reply. She rolls her eyes and unwraps the gift.

Inside it's a special friendship bracelet. I know it's kinda weird and corny but she seemed to like it. It's crocheted with vibrant colours and I clipped on charms that had some symbolic thing that had to do with our friendship and greatest memories. Like a small seashell when we had the best time at the beach.

Her eyes tear up. In the years we have been friends, I've never seen her cry. Even last month when she broke her ankle and Cody accidentally stepped on it. She didn't cry. Just sat the and looked at it as it kept getting swollen up.

"Thank you" she says, sniffling. She puts it on and I lift up my wrist to show her I have the same one.

"It shows that we're best friends" I explain. She says thank you numerous times and gives me a hug. I get so emotional during Christmas time, so of course I started to tear up too.

Then, she stuffs her present to me into my face.

"Open it" she demands.

I unwrap the gift and see a book that I had wanted to read in such a long time.

"I know it isn't as good as what you gave to me but.." Annabeth starts off.

"Oh no girl don't you say that. It's amazing. Thanks you!" I exclaim.

"BFF's right? Mollie and Annabeth?" I ask even though I know the answer.

"BFF's" she says and we do our special handshake.

"Ok let's go help out" I say. But as we start to walk I here someone call,

"Annabeth!" A male says, running over.

I take a closer look at him. 'Cute guy that knows Annabeth' I told myself, don't make a fool out of yourself!'

"I've been waiting here for like 5 minutes?! You are never late coming out of school" the guy says.

'I hope he has a twin brother just as cute!' I wish.

"Percy! I'm supposed to stay after school and help out with the school christmas party decorations. You were supposed to pick me up next week" Annabeth exclaims.

Percy looks confused.

"I.. But I specifically write on my arm" Percy tells us, looking down at his arm and reads what's on it.

"That I am supposed to pick up Annabeth.. Next week. Oopsies" Percy blushes from embarrassment.

"That's awkward" he states. He looks down at his feet and around the school.

"it was smudged on my arm" he tells us.

"Seaweed Brain" she laughed, nudging his arm.

"well, Mollie, this is my boyfriend Percy. Percy, this is my best friend Mollie" Annabeth introduces.

"Ohh so this is the Percy you've always been talking about" I smirk.

She blushes.

"Really, you've been talking about me Wise girl?" Percy adds in.

"Hey she didn't say they were all good" Annabeth tells him.

"ok, bye then I'll see you over the weekend!" Percy reminds Annabeth. He kisses her cheek and runs off.

Well that was a very interesting experience.