Rebecca (Becca) Santos

Becca's POV:

"Percy! You are falling behind in school!" The teacher tells him as I get my books off my desk.

It was the end of class and I was walking out the door, about to leave until...

"Becca! Wait!" the teacher calls.

I turn around in the doorway. All the other students were gone.

"Yes, Mr. Victor?" I ask.

"You are one of the best students, are you not?" He asks.

"Yes" I reply. I don't really like where this is going.

"You will tutor Percy until he gets at least an eighty percent on the next exam" he confirms.

My mouth drops open. Percy just left the classroom which means I was the only one left, except for the teacher. I didn't want to close my jaw.

"Close your mouth girl, you're gonna catch flies!" The teacher scolds.

I close my mouth and walk out the door.

I'm Rebecca Santos, but people call me Becca. My hair is unevenly cut, which sucks, that is a chocolate brown and deadly straight. My eyes aren't that attractive either, just a plain pale blue; that I make look horrible.

Anyways, I'm one of the best students in the whole school; never getting below an B. The teacher assigned me to tutor Percy Jackson because he was falling behind. I mean, I'm super excited, he is super hot, but I didn't plan getting to know him this way.

But it must be really really hard to tutor him. Other people have tried to tutor him in the past but he still isn't better. So I'll try to tutor in a different way.

I saw Percy in the halls. Better make a time to tutor him.

"Percy! Wait up!" I call out. He turns and waits for me to catch up.

"We should schedule an appointment for your tutoring. I was thinking maybe starting this Saturday?" I remind him about the tutoring. At first, he forgot about it but now he catches on.

"Yeah that sounds great.. Oh I have plans. Maybe Friday is better?" He remembers.

Why isn't saturday good?

"Friday" I confirm.

Time skip to Friday...

I just put on a ringette hoodie over my Aeropostale t-shirt and some jeans then I went over to Percy's with my history and English books.

He lived a few blocks away and my mom was at a work conference, and I never knew my dad so I couldn't just ask him for a ride, so I had to walk. I was about to knock when I heard something inside.

"Percy, she's almost here!" Says a girl's voice.
"Then we have to hurry to camp. One of the campers have a terrible flu."

"Thals, I'm being tutored today!"

Who was in his apartment and who was coming, and what camp? Who had the flu?

I decided I should knock. The door flies open a few minutes later.

"WhT?!" a girl with spiky black hair and blue eyes, that is wearing a tiara screams in my face.

You need a mint! I think to myself. I try really hard not to cover my nose while she glares at me with her beady eyes.

"I'm here to tutor Percy for History and English" I reply as nicely as possible.

"Percy!" She screams.

She gives me a fake smile and walks back into the apartment, slamming the door in my face.

How nice! Sarcasm.

The door opens again. Thank god it was Percy this time.

"Oh hi Becca" he greeted.
"I didn't know my cousin was coming here."

I slightly frown.

"Oh" is all I say.

"But maybe just for a tiny bit" he adds.
"One minute."

He rushes back in. I hear voices again.

"But she's going to be here any minute!" The tiara girl screamed.

"But I'm falling behind! Only twenty minutes!" Percy said.

"Why don't you get Annabeth to tutor you! Fine only twenty minutes!" Agreed the girl.

Who's Annabeth? Maybe a friend from that camp they were talking about.

He comes out the door, and closes it.

"Her name is Thalia, my cousin on my dad's side" Percy explained.

I nod. That makes so much more sense.

"How about my place?" I suggested.

"Um sure, but I have to be back really soon" Percy explains.

We got to my place five minutes later. So I just started to tutor him.

A few minutes later, I was teaching him about the Holocaust until his phone rang.

"Because of Adolf Hitler, many Jews suffered during this time period. They went into hiding, some even concentration camps and..." I started to explain.

Then his phone rung. He pulled it out and checked it.

"Oh" he blushes.
"I need to take this."

I nod,
"Sure."

I overheard a little bit of their conversation.

"Hello?" Percy answered.

(AN: The regular writing is Percy and Italics is Annabeth.)

Where are you?! I've been waiting here for fifteen minutes.

I'm at the tutor's house.

Ok but you have to get back. We need to get to camp really quick. Will Solace has gotten this unknown sickness.

I'll be back in five minutes.

Love you.

Love you too, bye.

Then he hung up. He looked worried.

"Who was it?" I asked, curiously.

He was probably startled.

"It was my girlfriend, Annabeth" he explains.

"Wh-wha?" I answer.
"You have a girlfriend?! When?!"

"I really have to go" he says apologetically, then walks to the door.

"Wait!" I call out.

He turns to look at me.

"Why can't you be my boyfriend?!" I complain, stomping my feet.

"Excuse me?" He asks.

"Nothing" I mutter.

"That's what I thought" he concludes.
"See you around I guess."

He runs for the door, he turns the door knob, opens the door. Before he leaves he turns around.

"I won't be able to make it next Friday for tutoring" he adds.

No, of course he won't.

I told my teacher I couldn't tutor him the next Monday and he was assign a different tutor.