Santana Ramirez

Hey guys! I have three main ideas for some oneshots including this one so stay tuned! I'm super busy this week but I'm still trying to update for you guys. The character in this oneshot is a nurse. I don't know much about hospitals or how they function so if I say something wrong, feel free to politely correct me in the comments. This one is quite a bit linger then all my other ones. Hope you enjoy!

Santana Ramirez's POV:

I sighed. Today was just another day at the hospital where nothing happens. A few people come in for checkups and us nurses check on a few patients. Our hospital wasn't in a very busy area so I didn't expect much to happen on a daily basis. It's not that I don't like my job. I love helping others and I've always wanted to be a nurse, ever since I was a little girl. I love my job but sometimes I feel like they have too many nurses hired and I never do anything. I was roaming around on my break. Today I had checked up on the patients in the cancer section. They were all so cheerful and it made me wonder why people had to get diseases. I checked the black watch that was strapped securely on my wrist. It read one thirty. I switched the direction I was walking in and continued my slow steady pace to the cancer ward.

"Santana Ramirez, Dr. Hua, Griffin Hayes, you are needed in OR" I hear a voice over the speaker system. My eyes widen. Wouldn't they page me? I search my pockets to see that I hadn't put my pager in there this morning. I silently curse myself as I rush to the surgical floor.

I push open the doors and quickly walk over to the front desk of the surgical wing.

"Diana, where am I needed?" I ask urgently.

She checks her computer.

"OR 2" she replies.

"Thanks Diana" I say and take off.

The patients lungs were crushed. He had bruises and cuts, very unstable breathing and to top it off, he was unconscious.

(I'm not a doctor or nurse, I'm a middle school student so I'm going to skip all that technical stuff.)

Sometime during the procedure, the doctors told me that everything was going better and I should check the waiting room for any family members. As soon as I took my mask and gloves, I was greeted by a women who looked a few years younger then me. She was drenched in tears and she looked like a mess. I felt slightly guilty for wishing something to happen other then the usual.

"I assume you're here for the new patient?" I ask.

She nods.

"I-I'm A-Annabeth J-J-Jackson" she wheezes out.

"My name is Santana and I'm a nurse here. Stay calm Annabeth, everything will be alright. He's doing very well. I'm assuming you're his wife?"

She again nods.

"I thought so. Anyways, when he was rushed in, he had very unstable lungs. The right one collapsed and he had multiple cuts and wounds. Not to worry, the doctors are successfully hooking him up to a ventilator which in some ways will breath for him. You can visit soon. But for now, is there anyone you'd like for me to call?"

"Sally Jackson and Paul Blofis, his mom and stepdad" she replies.

I nod.

"Hang tight, Annabeth" I squeeze her shoulder for reassurance and head towards the front desk for Diana to make the call.