Amy Lavender

Amy Lavender's POV:

My day has been pretty rough. I come to this camp sort if thing with my friend, Melissa, who is apparently a cloud neemph. A neemph? No a nymph. She says that a satyr isn't bringing me to camp because they were too busy.

Too busy with what? And what's a satyr anyways?

Melissa leads me and my step sister, Michelle, who is about thirteen, to this strange place and tells us we'll be safe here. That it is the only safe to people like us.

"What on earth does that mean?!" I screamed, probably a little to harshly at her.

She just said,
"You'll see."

My name is Amy. I'm seventeen years old. I have greenish greyish eyes. My eyes are like, grey with a lot of green streaks. Also I have very dark brown hair. Right now, I'm wearing a slightly baggy T- shirt that says Maroon 5 and black capris.

But then when I walk into the camp, everyone is looking at me right? I trip on my shoelaces and fall flat on my face. Yeah! That's right, you heard me.

"Ooh!" I hear Michelle say, wincing. She lends me her hand.

Everyone starts staring even more. Two kids that both have blonde hair and grey eyes, they were probably siblings, twins even, who look about eight years old. They were wearing orange T-shirts that said something, that I couldn't quite read because their tops were very dirty. The girl was wearing black legging and the boy was wearing loose jeans. They came up to me.

"Your face is red" the boy points out.

The girl elbows him in the gut. She then rolls her eyes and glares at her identical clone.

"Shut it, Brandon" she whispers to her brother.

Then looks at me and smiles sweetly.

"What my idiot brother meant to say was, it's nice to see you here at Camp Half Blood" she tells me.

Brandon snaps his fingers and widens his eyes at her sassily.

"Ooh girl you do did not just say that" he says.

"Sassy" the girl mutters to herself.

He shakes his head and laughs at her. The whole camp seems amused by their conversation. Me, I was confused.

"I'm Athena's son, you know Maria" he protests, nodding his head in a "matter of fact" sort of way.

"I am too. You are my full brother, same mom, same dad. We are related" she says.

Maria looks him over, glances him up and down. Then she adds,
"I have no clue how that could have happened."

I just stand there kinda getting intimidated by the little kids. As if someone read my mind:

"Whoa there. Brandon and Maria I think you're scaring her" says an older girl. She looks about eighteen, a year older then me. She looks exactly like the twins except her eyes were more intense. Not as light.

the two kids blushed and ran away still arguing about something. I give her a look that says Thanks!

"Michelle! What are you doing here?!" I hear a familiar voice say.

I turn over to see Lola. A perky brunette with green eyes that so happens to be my sister's best friend.

"I think I'm a demigod!" Michelle replies.

"Me too! Daughter of Demeter!" Lola squeals.

"Awesome!" Michelle says, going up to Lola and walking away.

"Hey Melissa! Grover needs to tell you something!" I hear someone shout. Melissa skips away to find Grover.

"Come on, I'll show you around" the blonde girl says.

"I'm Amy" I introduce.

"Annabeth."

We walk through the camp. She tells me about how I'm supposedly related to a Greek god. It doesn't surprise me. I kinda thought it would be something more shocking.

She tells me about the cabins and the arenas and all the heroes that were trained here. In this very camp. Amazing!

"So who do you think my godly parent is?" I ask her.

"We can't tell for sure" Annabeth tells me.
"What are some of your interests?"

I think for a moment.

"Swimming, books, school. Stuff like that. I'm also adopted. I have an amazing mom. I never met my biological parents. The girl that came with me, Michelle, is my step sister." I say.

She nods.

"But just between us, you're very smart. Athena I think" She says.

Annabeth smiles.

"If you were, we'd be sisters" she says.

I smile too. That would be really cool.

We were up on a hill. We seemed to be walking to the cave with purple curtains.

"And this is the last stop" Annabeth gesters to the cave.

She probably saw the confused look on my face.

"Come with me" she motioned.

After the tour, I was just walking around with Annabeth and talking.

It turns out her and I have a lot in common! We both adore school, books, learning! I really want her to be my sister. It would be so cool to have a friend that is also your sister!

"It's almost diner. Lets go to the dining pavilion" Annabeth says.

"Finally I'm starved!" I exclaim.

We laugh as we go to get diner.

"Hey Annabeth! I haven't seen you almost all day" says a voice.

We turn around to see a very hot guy with black hair and green eyes. He is pretty hot, but not my type.

She walks over and kisses him. Must be boyfriend and girlfriend.

"Hey Percy! This is a new camper, Amy" Annabeth introduces me.
"Amy, this is my boyfriend, Percy."

Yep! I shake his hand,

"Nice to meet you" I say.

He smiles.

"You too."

He seems pretty nice.

Annabeth told me that for diner, I would eat at the Hermes table because I still don't know who my godly parent was. As I waited in line, I saw we were having  ribs with this amazing spelling sauce. The most delicious mashed potatoes I've ever seen.

When people got their food, everyone took a piece of their food and started throwing it into the fire.

"What are we doing?" I asked a camper beside me.

"Giving offerings to the gods" he explains. I nod as if I understood.

I took a piece of meat that I hadn't finished. When it was my turn I thought.

Please dad or mom, whoever you are, tell me. I need to know.

I threw the meat in. As if on cue, this sort of aura surrounds me. What is happening? Everyone looks at me.

"How is that possible?" Annabeth questions herself.
"She is so smart!"

"Hey!" Percy pouts "Children of Poseidon can be smart!".

Confused, I look up. I only see a glimpse of it but I saw a green glowing trident.

The centaur I recognize from the Greek myths, Chiron, trots up to me.

"Hail Amy Lavender! Daughter of Poseidon!"

A lot of mutters and whispers fill the room.
"Another child of the big three?"
"Whoa!"
Some people just dropped their mouths.

After that, Percy and I became really close. So did Annabeth and I. We were all great friends.