I pulled into the school driveway. I kept my head down as I walked to the front doors. And I was almost there, but no, not today.

Somebody grabbed the collar of my shirt and yanked me back. Damn you Keely, this is one of my favorite shirts and you just stretched out the collar.

"So CarlyAnne, where you off to?" Keely asked.

"Why?" I asked.

"Well, I wanted to make sure nobody else saw you in that outfit you're wearing."

"Well, I'm just off to my locker."  Where else would I be going? Is she some kind of idiot? The answer to that is easy. Yes.

"Well, let me fix you up a little. The shirts a little baggy, the glasses just aren't working, and maybe you should get an ass to fill those leggings." Her and I both know that my ass isn't flat. She's just jealous because my ass is hot. Her and I both know that. I spend hours at the gym to get this ass. Squat after squat and she's just insulting it because she's a jealous bitch. Okay? Okay.

I walked passed her into school, to my locker, trying to not make eye contact with the people staring at me after my small encounter. Don't they have their own life? Don't they have their own drama to deal with.

I reached my locker and the ball rang. Great, I would be late for class and then I would have an hour long detention. And there goes my reserved spot at the gym. I have to call Lanna, my manager. I pulled out my iPhone and dial her number. I got her voicemail, but I know she'll eventually get the message and cancel my spot in the private room.

"Hey Lanna, it's Carly. I got detention, so I can't make it today after school, can you cancel my gym spot? Thanks, love you lots!"

I made my way to my first class which was math. I walked in and the whole class and Mr. Smith turned their attention towards me.

"CarlyAnne, it's nice of you to show. That will be an hour detention after school. What's your explanation?"

Explanation? First of all I'd like to explain that it's Carly dumbass.

"Excuse me? Make that an hour and a half, now explanation!"

Shit, I said that out loud.

Oohs and ahhs went around the room. I mentally rolled my eyes.

"I woke up late."

Most of the class knew that didn't happen. Hell, Mr. Smith probably knew that didn't happen. He would be the type to know I had a confrontation with Keely and not care. There are quite a few teachers who I think would do that. Mr. Heart is on the school board and has a lot of power, so the teachers didn't want to take any risks.

"Okay, well I will be seeing you Miss. Spears and," he paused looking around the room and then straight at someone, "Mr. Barns, this afternoon. Now take a seat."

Zander Barns. The egotistical, hot, bad boy. He made his way around the school. Many girls had some type of story to tell about him. They didn't mind he got around. Many just were fine with a glance from the guy. I can't say I am one of those girls. I found him to be a jerk and quite inconsiderate. He's not nearly as bad as Keely and Jack, but he finds his ways to get on my nerves. I don't know why, maybe it had to do with his don't give a fuck attitude, but everyone worshipped him. The teachers were even scared of him.

Therefore, having to spend an afternoon with him doesn't seem so pleasant to me. What makes this whole situation worse is the fact that the only other seat open in the classroom was the one next to him. Nice.

"Hey chika, sit, we should know each other better if we are going to spend an hour together this afternoon." Already he had a pet name for me. He sat there with an arrogant smirk on his face.

"Shut up dumbass, I don't want to talk to you."

"She swears! The nerd swears! Who would have thought?"

Just ignore it Carly, he's brainless.

"It's an hour and a half." I said smirking. A look of confusion crossed his face. "You said an hour after school, we'll be here for an hour and a half because I call Mr.Smith a dumbass, which I don't regret."

"No."

"What do you mean no?"

"You will be staying for an hour and a half, I only have to stay for an hour."

"Really!" I piped up. This was great! I thought he would be there that extra half hour with me, but no!

"Hey, don't be so sad."

"Trust me, I'm the complete opposite of sad." I said.

He just looked back towards Mr. Smith acting as if he was actually paying attention to the boring lecture on some formula. I may have straight A's, but I don't pay attention to the boring stuff in class. I take notes on what's necessary, block out the irrelevant parts, and go on with my day. I study the night before the test and it almost always works. Anyways, I know Zander wasn't actually paying attention. He was just daydreaming. Thinking. I would know because nobody likes to listen to Mr.Smith's lectures. I mean nobody.

----

Word Count:1,528
7/1/16

Edited: 5/29/20

A/N:

I just deleted this whole old authors note. It was stupid. Hi. This is a reminder that I hate 12 year old me.

Lots of love, 

Ana<3