Chapter 17

"Do I look like I give a damn about what he wants?"

"Well... you could get kicked out." Doesn't Freddie seem damn worried.

"I'm touched. Till my rotten core I am!"

"Just go and be done with it Basil!"

I was shoved off of my chair and my violin confiscated. Damned to have that instead of something else, wouldn't mind banging Freddie good on the head.

Anyways, being rudely shoved out of the performance area, impudent ass he is, I went to Spencer's offence.

Wonder what made him tick? Is it just me or am I some hotline of assistance for broken hearts and damaged consciouses? Because it damn well seems like it.

Whoever wants my help, they better be ready to have their head bitten off. Cause I ain't in the most saintly mood at all. I wouldn't even care whatever that Spencer has to say. If it ain't worth my time then he can die in his puddle of weeping misery for all I care.

I have better things to do than dabbing waterfalls off some cheeks.

The air around the tiny box of an office seemed strange. I knocked rapidly at the door.

"Come in!"

For once, Freddie isn't being a drama queen about it. Spencer really did seem steamed to the brim. Better to handle it all with equanimity. Or else I'm stoked.

I came inside with an utmost proprietary I could muster and setttled on the chair to which he waved towards. His eyes travelled with my motion, making my skin crawl.

Dammit, never thought the gay could be so scary. I'm already getting my nerves hyped up for nothing.

He threw a folder towards me. I opened it to see what did it have for me to even see...

The fuck?

"Care to explain, Basil?" He must have seen the shock on my face. Where did he get all these pictures?

I took them all out, flipping through the thick stack of them all. Having several printed snaps of me with that scottish brat.

At the hotel we were, when we exited, towards Charles house and all the other pictures having the time and date when they were taken.

We were being tracked. Down to the last time we met. There were several of those.

"I said explain ---- do it."

He spat out words like acid. I could feel their weight burn me. Fucking Hell.

I think I already know where this is going. Why hadn't I stopped her from vanishing? I was the responsible one. The adult who should have taken action but didn't in the least. The one who should have kept an order and whatever fuck they expect you to.

I gritted my teeth and remained silent. I didn't do anything wrong. But these pictures said otherwise. I know saying anything to this darned brute is useless. So I just stared at him angrily back.

"I don't need to prove myself to you."

"No one asked you to. Just tell me the location of where she is and off you go."

Why does he sound so... jolly? In a crazed, maniacal way but... still why was he happy?

"Wouldn't you ask why and what was I doing with her?"

I have no finesse these detectives have. If you have a question, just fucking ask it yourself. No need to snoop around making stuff on your own.

"I just want her under lock and key. I don't care what she does. Amber is none of my concern."