I've Got What I Wanted. Part 2

CHAPTER TWO

“What are you guys doing for dinner?” My mother asked as I jumped off the bus.

“I don’t think we’re doing anything. I think he might have essays to mark. Why?” I fixed my bag as I walked through the gates of my old school.

“It’s Greg’s birthday so we’re thinking about going out for dinner. But we aren’t sure whether we are definitely going out yet.” I pursed my lips as I walked across the playground. I think there was five minutes until the next period started. So I had plenty of time before students started to walk around.

“I don’t know. I’ll tell Caleb and see what he thinks.” I said walking into the history block.

“Okay, phone me back later then. If you are coming, come around at around half five.”

“Okay I’ll text you later or something.” I replied standing outside Caleb’s classroom.

“Right okay, bye,” I hung up the phone and put it into my pocket. I looked through the window of Caleb’s class and saw he was the only one there. I opened the door quietly, before creeping up behind him. I covered his eyes with my hands making him jump slightly. He grabbed my hands and pulled them away from his eyes, while turning around. When his eyes met me, he smiled and laced his fingers with mine. “Hey,” he laughed and stood up.

“Hey,” he bent down and placed a quick kiss on my lips. "How was Uni?" he asked walking over to his desk.

"It was alright," I said sitting down on his computer chair. "Pretty much the same as every other day." He chuckled as the bell rang through the classroom.

"So what are you going to do? You can sit in here or in my office." He asked turning to face me. I shrugged and spun in his chair.

"Whatever, I don't care. But it depends what you're teaching them. I don't fancy hearing something I've already had to listen to." He smirked and stood up, as his class started to walk in.

"Well it might help refresh your mind. All those months not doing anything." I laughed and shook my head at him.

"I forgot to tell you, my mum wants us to go over to her house for dinner. Something about Greg's birthday," he smiled and nodded.

"Sure, anything for a free dinner." I shook my head at him, but couldn't help but laugh.

"Caleb can you sign off on this," I heard someone say behind him. "It's a detention form for one of your players," Caleb turned around and I saw Springer. He actually hasn't changed much. It's really weird seeing him again. He looked up from the piece of paper and looked into my eyes. He laughed and shook his head. "Long time no see," I smiled and nodded.

"I know. I haven't seen or talked to you since the last day if school." He smiled and nodded.

"Sorry to break it to you guys, but I've got a class." Caleb said interrupting us. "So I'll sign this and get back to my class." He pulled the red form from Springer’s hand.

"Do you have a class now?" I asked as Caleb signed the form.

"No I'm free now." I nodded and stood up. "Are you going to keep me company?" I laughed and nodded.

"Nothing better to do. I don't really fancy sitting here to be honest." I walked over to Springer as he laughed.

"Thanks," Caleb said sarcastically, handing Springer back the form. "I'm leaving around four so come back before that or meet me at the car." He said smiling at me. It's great that he doesn't get mad when I talk to Springer. Last year, he would've been so pissed off. "Guys seriously shut up," he moaned to the class. I laughed and shook my head at him. "You two get lost as well. I'll see you after school. And don't be late because if we're going out tonight I need to go home and have a shower." I rolled my eyes and walked towards the door with Springer.