"The others are waiting and The Elders are growing impatient."

"The Elders? Waiting...for what?"

"You."

"Me?"

"Yes, you. You didn't think that you were brought here just to make out with me, now were you?"

"No, but before we go, will you tell me what you are Brody?"

"That will be explained later."

"How soon is later?"

"Soon."

Brody opens the door and I follow him into the hallway. All the while as we walk, I stare at him inquisitively. What is he? Where am I? Did I just really kiss him? Why in the hell did I do that? I like Parker not...OH SHIT! PARKER! FUCK! I was suppose to be at that party! I promised to make the night his best. SHIT SHIT! Now he doesn't know where I am! And what about The Boss! The Society! Shit!

"Here we are," Brody says as we reach the end of the hallway.

He takes the handles on the two broad and elegantly chiseled doors and pushes forward. Shyly, I follow inside, not knowing what to expect. We walk in to what seems like a ballroom. The floor decorated with black marbled glistening tiles and the walls are painted a deep maroon color. Like all the other rooms, there are no windows. Two rows of red velvet roll down the side of the ballroom, creating a border. At the front, a level of area is elevated. In the elevated area are three very expensive looking chairs. Sitting in those chairs are three old people. On the right side sits a man with a white beard that needs trimming. His eyes carefully examine me as I show myself behind Brody. Sitting on the left is another man. His hair is a mix of salt and pepper and his face reads of seriousness. In the middle is an old woman. Her face is aged with of many years of weary wrinkles. She wears a tasteful dress that drapes down past her feet. I tear my eyes away from the old people and look around. Sparsely scattered on the edges of the room are more people, perhaps around only 40 at most. Brody grabs my hand for reassurance as he takes me down the ballroom to the elevated area. The eyes of the people on the side look at me carefully and then smile, each smiling with sincere hope gleaming in there eyes. We reach the elevated area and Brody kneels to the ground. I follow suit.

"You may rise," speaks the women in the center, "Now Brodeux, how much does Nanette know?"

Nanette? That's my middle name, one that I don't even tell people. How would she know? And Brodwho?

"Only our diet, my lady," replied Brody formally, "One that she doesn't like."

"I see."

She then turns to face the other two men and starts speaking in an unfamiliar language.

"Elle est Nanette?"

"Oui, on est trop long."

"On est bien heure?"

"Je croire la heure bien."

"Brodeux, lui dit, oui?"

"Oui, Madame."

Dam, now I wish I paid attention in French class..

"Come with me Lacey," Brody says to me with a serious expression.

I look at him curiously, but follow behind him. As he leads me out of the ballroom I take one last glimpse of the people inside. Something odd then strikes me, the population seems to be all males and only one female. I decide to hold in my question until we exit the ballroom. Once Brody shuts the doors I approach him with the question.

"Why was there only one female?"

"I'll tell you later, for now, cease any of your questions until we get back to the room."