Chapter 19

Brody's POV 

Oh how cute, two supernaturals trying to prevent the rollercoaster from collapsing. I must say, I'm a bit surprised to know Parker is one. Never pinned him as that person. And him and Lacey? Tsk, tsk, poor boy. He is no idea what he's gotten himself into. She's more than just a supernatural being, way more. Never the less, I have better things to do than put up with these feeble efforts produced by them. I could crumble the rollercoaster in a heartbeat. They wouldn't know what hit them. Look at them trying to keep it up. Hah, pathetic. I thought Lacey would be stronger and pass my little test. I'm apparently wrong. She obviously doesn't know about it. Oh well, what she doesn't know can't hurt her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Parker, we can stop."

"What?"

"The thing, it's gone. There's no longer a force pushing against us."

Parker nods, acknowledging my statement.

Both of us use the back of our hands to wipe off the sweat accumulated at our hair line. We sit in silence as the rollercoaster comes to an end. Everyone surrounding us comes off with gleeful faces and laughter. But not us. Our faces are plastered with a stern and confused expression. We locate a bench near by and go sit down to ponder the situation.

Why does that thing keep coming after me, us? What does it want? What is it? And why did it suddenly stop? I can obviously tell it was something strong. It could have easily out powered me and Parker, but it didn't. Why? I hope the board or The Boss will give me some answers. I look at Parker's face as he sits there scrutinizing the issue. He looks so cute when he's confused. His eyes brows are scrunched slightly and his jaws are clenched together in concentration. I put a comforting hand onto his shoulder and mutter his name. He looks at me and forces a fake smile.

"Come on Parker, let's not let this ruin our day."

"Yeah. Let's get out of here?"

"I'd like that."

As Parker is driving us away from the fair I ask, "Where are we going to go now? You're suppose to show me a good time remember?"

Parker flashes me a mysterious smile and then says, "Oh I'll show you a good time baby."

I flash a smile. He just called me baby.

As his house draws near, Parker parks the car and comes to open my door. He hands me his hand, like a prince would do to a princess. I take it, with my head held high, trying to act the part of a delicate princess. He gives me his charming smirk and a raise of an eyebrow. I raise my eyebrow, wondering what he has in store. Then out flies Mr. Prince and in comes the sexy devil himself. Parker places his hand at the small of my back and spins me around. Romantically, he dips me down and looks into me with a passion equal to the sum of a million stars exploding in the deep abyss of the night. I stare back him giving him my most innocent expression. I'm silently saying, I'm innocent, come ruin me. He accepts my invitation and leans into me for a long awaited kiss. The moment his lips touch me, everything around me turns surreal. His soft lips greet mine with upmost fiery and lust, causing me to melt in his arms. My whole body rushes through with sparks dancing on the surface of my skin. Every part of my being is gently being electrocuted with such intense feeling. I see nothing. I hear nothing. I only feel the explosive amount of affection between us. I am off into a far away land. A land where there is no pain and no suffering. Bright sunshine illuminates the golden field as flowers sway to the melody of the wind. The sound of peace flows into an entwining ribbon, caressing the scene with grace and elegance. I see my mother and Parker, laughing together. I see myself, laughing along with them. I even see The Boss having a good chuckle. My mother wraps her arms around me and hugs me deeply. I never want to let go. Tears begin to draw up into my eyes, tears of happiness. With a free arm I grab Parker and The Boss. The four of us huddle in a big circle, embracing each other in our arms. The comfort of this happiness soothes me greatly. I can feel an immense amount of bliss tangling me inside, keeping me as its gracious visitor. I open my eyes back to reality and see Parker staring back at me. His stare warms my heart and I reach up to touch his cheek. He puts his hand to mine and lets his soft lips carefully rest on them. Parker then leans back into me, hoping to make out. I put my finger onto his lips, saying silently, sorry, but a kiss is all you're going to get for now. His forehead wrinkles at my response, obviously not happy with my decision. Parker then carelessly shrugs his shoulders and takes me by my hand. He leads me into the house.

"Hey man," says a group of guys at the door.

Parker looks confused for a second but then he greets them with a simple hey.

"Hey Lacey!" They all enthusiastically say.

I don't really know them, but apparently they are Parker's friends. I give them a sweet smile and then turn my attention back to Parker.

"Why are they here?" I whisper to Parker.

"Oh um...they are my birthday planners." 

"Have you decided on the list yet?" asks one of the guys.

"Yeah, dude, you should put Amber on that list, she's got the best assets ever!"

"Put Maddie on there, she gives the best bjs."

"Forget about best assets or best bj, how about Jessica. Mannn, I heard that she's the best fuck ever."

The boys continue to name different girls and their best attribute to Parker. He stands there listening intently to their comments. It begins to make me a little sick.

"Put me on the list!" I demand.