Chapter 23

"Want some?" He questions, looking up from his meal.

I look at him disgustedly and spit, "I don't drink blood."

"Oh really?" He smirks while raising a rather seductive eyebrow.

His tongue tenderly licks at the wound marks around her neck like a lioness would for her cub. She then gets up and leaves, still having the same blank and utterly lost expression plastered on her face. After her departure he turns his attention to me. His eyes glimmer of mischief and his mouth curves at the end, to form a sinister appearance. He walks to me with deep steps and all while my eyes are locked onto his. A long period of chilly silence follows behind. His steps begin to grow ever so close to me. My palms start to perspire as I frantically look around the room for any portable object that I can throw. Nothing. The only thing in the room is the simple chair, nailed to the middle of the floor. Conspicuously, I hide my hand behind my back, forming motion to try to break loose the chair from the ground. I expect it to be fairly simple. Wrong. Furiously, I tug at the chair with my telekinesis, but there's no budge. The chair remains in the same position and state as before.

"Oh come on!" I desperately think to myself.

"Now now Lacey," replies his voice in my head.

I scrutinize the morsel of distance between us and begin to move back. One step back for me is one step forward for him. Cautiously, I back up, trying to be aware of my surroundings and perhaps an escape. In a few moments, a hard surface greets my back and hands, leaving me no where to go. His smirk widens as he continues to near me at his steady pace. My heart pounds at a malignant speed as I struggle to find a means of escaping this situation. More desperate this time, I tug at the chair nailed at the floor. It's no use. Last time I tried breaking his bones it was a futile attempt as well. Quickly, I whip my hands to the front of my body and use my telekinesis to pick up his body and throw him onto the floor. His body hits the ground and crumples. This is my chance. I turn on my heels and bolt for the door, not sparing a second to look back. Before I can get very far my arm is tugged back, I feel like it's going to come out of the socket. I turn my head and there he is. His healing is absurdly fast.

"Nice try Lacey," he says through his sinister smirk.

 He takes my body into his arms and pushes me against a wall. His hips mold into mine as he restrains both my hands above my head. Beads of sweat build up on my hairline as I try to break my arms free from his grasp. His breath oozes onto my neck sending my nerves into a fury. Oxygen rapidly pumps through my lungs, making my breathe short and hard. I search into his eyes, waiting for the eyes of a hungry demon to look back. Instead, they look almost warm? I stare more deeply into his eyes, trying to read his next movement. They are dark, but swirling with emotion, pain, honor, longing, a struggle. My split second of distraction is all he needs. His lips meet mine in a gentle but hungry matter. Their softness presses against my lips with hesitation, but as I try to pull away they become aggressive. He forces my lips to part to the entrance of his tongue. The taste of copper flows straight into my mouth. Immediately, I pull my head away and gag at the taste of the blood. The repulsive taste sticks to the inside of my mouth, making me feel sick. But under the fowl taste of the blood, there was a sweetness from the kiss, a fiery sweetness that burns me gently from within.

"Not your preference?" he asks.

I shake my head and then stare at him curiously. What is he? And why is there this sweetness when we kiss? This time, I lean into him for a kiss, curious as to why he tastes so sweet. Again, the taste of blood rushes forth, but like before, underneath was the burning sweetness. A sweetness that makes me crave more of him. As I release him for a breath of air, he takes the opportunity to sneak in a chuckle. I place my face close to his again, asking for another kiss, but I'm disappointed. He puts his finger onto my lips and shakes his head.