MEETING THE FAMILY

So i just noticed that i have never met Wills family and i kinda feel bad because a good girlfriend has a relationship with the boyfriends family.

so i texted him. and i just HAVE to start with my normal greeting to him.

What's cooking funny looking?

nothing really just kinda spending my Sunday afternoon laying around.

fun!

yuppie lol!

so when am i goin to go to your house?

what do you mean?

i mean i have never met your family and yet you know everything about me.

oh i guess i never really thought about that. how about tonight i mean we're having a potluck yeah you wouldn't be the only guest but you will meet the fam.

oh i wouldn't want to sound like i invited myself.

really? your my girlfriend i am going to make you come with me lol.

girlfriend ah it never get's old. lol! and okay i guess i can go.

i mean you don't have to because i don't wanna feel like i'm forcing you.

no i would enjoy it really.

awesome!

wait what time is it?

um it is at 5.

okay what time should i be there?

i will pick you up at say around 3:45 and then maybe you will have some time to really get to know the family.

great! See you in around an hour and a half.

okay see you then!!!!

yuppie!

so i went to get out some clothes out of my clean clothes basket and i threw on a sundress ( picture above)

nothing too fancy didn't wanna be over dressed and i also took out my braids from yesterday and i had some loose beachy waves and i did my makeup like usual but i used taylor swift red lipstick and i wore some earrings.

i got a call from Will saying he was about five minutes away so i quickly slip on some flats and cleaned the kitchen while waiting for him about 10 minutes (obviously lol) later he rang the doorbell and i answered the door.

hey!

woah!

what i look down for a stain or something.

what's wrong? am i too dressy? not dressed up enough?

no perfect!

i blushed, thanks even though i still kinda have black eyes and broken ribs?

you look gorgeous!

awe! thanks that means so much!

we get in his truck and drive off.

so tell me about your family so i'm not clueless i mean i know their names i just don't know which one is which i mean you have told me tons about them but never which one is which.

oh well the three brunette girls are my sisters Amber, Elizabeth and gemma.

Gemma and Amber are twins they're the ones with emerald green eyes.

and Elizabeth is the oldest out of all of us she is the one with brown eyes like me and she is 23.

and then there's Benny and Timmy they are my lil bro's and they're 3 (benny) and 7 (timmy)

great! but how old are Gemma and lizzy?

oh yeah duh! their both 15.

oh so not much younger than me.

yup.

we pulled in his driveway and it was a nice ranch style house it was almost like a red version of mine.

his parents greet me as i walk in.

hi i'm Katelyn but you can call me Katy or Kate which ever you prefer usually people take turns calling me different names.

oh hi Katy i'm Bill and this is Emily my wife he said as we shook hands.

i'm so sorry this is my first time meeting you i don't want to sound rude.

i would have liked to meet you before me and Will were well you know.

we all cackled for a second.

wow! Emily said.

what?

you are so much prettier in person.

in person?

oh nevermind.

i knew she meant that Will was talking about me, so i blushed.

well where are your siblings? i would like to meet them as well.

over here. the boys hugged me and the girls said hi. we all got along quite well.

skip to 4:15....

your only 17?

yes i turned 17 a little over a month ago.

you just talk like your so much older, it's a good thing.

why thank you.

your just very smart and well mannered and mature.

well she has to do alot of the mothering in her house Will said.

really? why?

well ever since my father died it's been kinda hard on us and my mom has 2 jobs and one for the weekends so i have to do alot of the shopping and stuff but i mean i don't mind.

oh well i'm so sorry for your loss.

it's okay i was only Timmy's age when it happened so it was ten years ago, wow it's been ten years i said remembering it like it was yesterday.

oh wow that must have been awful.

yes but i don't really like to talk about it much.

oh well i'm sorry if i made you upset.

no no no your fine trust me your not the first person to ask me that question i am okay with it really.

oh ok.

so how are you feeling? Bill said.

i'm sorry i'm afraid i don't get the question.

oh i guess i should be a little more specific, how are your ribs and legs and eyes doing?

oh. there doing alot better.

that's good!

yes!

well we should get ready for the potluck it starts in 15 minutes.

oh anything i can help with?

sure just grab an apron.

skip to end of potluck........

well i had alot of fun Miss Murphy and MR. Murphy.

thanks! but you can call us Bill and Emily.

okay great! and Emily you are an AMAZING cook.

thankyou.

i heard her whisper " shes a keeper she beautiful, funny ,kind and smart and really seems to care about you Will"

and i blushed.

well we better get going. Will said.

yes it is getting pretty late i still have to feed my chickens, cows and pigs and horse.

oh well we don't wanna keep them waiting.

well i had alot of fun.

skip car ride home....

i will see you tomorrow will said as he kissed my hand.

yup bye!