Will was still standing there looking completely confused. "I'm not lying. What am I meant to be lying about?"

I rolled my eyes. "Just get in the car." he finally did, moving my hoodie aside. I slid my seat back to where it was originally while Will clicked his seatbelt in. Once I was seated and the door shut, Sam reversed out of the driveway.

I silently stared out the window as we drove, trying to play the guilt trip on Sam and Ty for saying no. I knew I was sulking but I didn't care. I wanted to have a go at driving. I felt like Sophie, throwing a tantrum when she doesn't get her own way and I hated that. I didn't want to be like my cousin in any way but I needed some sort of release.

Will tried to speak to me a few times, still under the impression that they were dropping me off somewhere while they went on ‘dates,’ but I ignored him and continued to sulk. I didn’t recognise this part of town but there weren’t many houses around now. There were a few buildings, a warehouse or two and a lot of open space. I was pretty sure we were getting closer because you could visibly see Will’s excitement level growing.

Ty finally broke the silence. It wasn't an awkward silence just...silence. “Fine! But I’ll be in the car because you’re not driving without me. You’re still on your Learners, for god’s sake!”

I flashed him a smile. “Thank you!”

He gave me a small smile. “Just be grateful that tonight is a small and friendly gathering.”

Will snapped out of whatever daze he was in and caught on to the conversation. “Wait, she’s racing? Since when and in whose car?” He leaned forward into the front.

I shot him a look – eyes narrowed, almost a glare. “Damn straight I’m racing. I asked before we picked you up. Is that a problem?” He shook his head. He did have a point though, I thought. I turned to Sam as he turned into a street where I could see more cars parked up further. “Whose car am I driving?”

“Mine.”

I was about to say ‘okay’ when Will interrupted me.

“What? Why does she get to drive your car? Even I’m not allowed to drive it!” Will exclaimed. He was angry, more in shock.

Wow. I never knew Sam was picky about who drove his ‘baby’ but I would’ve thought he’d let Will drive. I smiled as we pulled up beside Sam’s car. “I’m just special,” I assured him with a smirk.

Sam laughed at this. “Oh, yeah, you’re special all right.” I shot him a glare which just succeeded in making him laugh harder. “I said you’re special, I didn’t say how. I know who taught you to drive. That’s why you are allowed to drive my car and my friends are not.” Sam climbed out of the car, Will and Ty behind him. Taking a deep breath to calm the nerves and excitement, I followed suit. I hurriedly walked around the front of the car to where Sam, Ty and Will had joined a big group of people. I assumed they were their friends.

I recognised some of them from school, both higher grades and mine. Jayke was there, Daniel wasn't, but Chase was. Chase gave me a sly smile as I joined the group and, shuddering, I squeezed in-between Will and Sam. He disgusted me. Okay that’s lying. He terrifies me as well.

I was introduced to the group as Ty’s friend, Rose. They were introduced to me also but the only two I remembered were Cass and Snake. They were the easiest to remember; Snake with his unique name and Cass because they were dating.

Cass had blonde hair that reached just past her shoulders. It was choppily layered and had black, pink and blue streaks through it. She gave me a kind smile which lit up her blue eyes. She had on a pair of light-washed, torn jeans, and a t-shirt that had been cut so it showed her pierced belly button and lower stomach.