Chapter 6

CHAPTER 6

                    In the morning I woke up back in my own bed and the night before nothing but a pleasant memory. That's all his visits could be: memories, because in the end it wasn't permanent. But I would rather have those short visits than nothing at all.

                    Xander was absent all day Friday or if he was at school I didn't see him once. Maybe they were the principal’s orders that he stay away from me. Or Ty could have warned him off; I doubted that and even if he had then I doubted even more that Xander would have listened. He didn't strike me as the type to listen to others orders. My guess was that he was probably suspended from school for breaking the window of that classroom.

                    I slid into a spare seat at the back of my English classroom and waited for Evelyn to turn up. She had taken a few extra days holidays and faked sick yesterday so that she didn't have to come to school. She'd hoped that she could stay home today as well and then come back on the Monday but I had received a text earlier that morning from her saying she was busted and had to come. That and she'd heard some juicy news that she wanted details about.

                    Cue the rolling of the eyes.

                    I was fiddling with my pen when someone else walked in. Naturally I glanced up to see who it was before groaning in irritation. Why does he have to be in my class? I hope he doesn't talk to me, or come near me or even look at me.

                    Daniel smirked at me before eyeing the spare seat beside me. Slowly and with a predatory stride, he moved determinedly towards me.

                    No! Go away! Please don't sit here, go sit with someone else. I pleaded mentally.

                    It was no use and I took a deep breath trying to mentally prepare myself for a whole class beside him when he'd already made it clear that he did not like me one bit. The worst part was that I didn’t know what to expect. What might he do? Would he talk to me or just spend the whole class glaring at me?

                    He was almost to the seat when he was roughly pushed to the side and someone hurriedly collapsed onto the chair beside me and dropped their bag onto the floor beside them. The mousy-haired boy glanced over at me and said, “Hey Rose,” before turning back towards the front.

                    Who was he and more importantly, what was he doing?

                    Daniel scowled at him, “Do you really think you're going to stop me just by sitting next to her, Will?”

                    The boy, Will, grinned up at him. “But I already have...” he paused thoughtfully, “Danielle.”

                    I honestly thought that both boys were going to start throwing fists but instead Daniel just glared at both of us before walking to the opposite side of the room where he could watch us. It could have had something to do with the golden - haired girl who'd danced towards us and slid into the other spare seat beside me.

                    “Hi Rose. How are you doing spending a beautiful day like this in school?” She greeted sarcastically, glancing at me and doing a double-take when she noticed Will. “And why the hell is one of Tyson Ashford's guys sitting next to you?”

                    He was one of Ty's friends? He just mustn't be around Ty all the time like Sam, then.

                    “Err, I'm fine?” It can out like a question and I turned to look at Will. “And that is a good question.”