TrApPƎd

"Something wicked comes this way."

I grabbed the person by their hand and flipped them.

"Oww..." I heard Max groan.

"Oh boo hoo Max. What the hell were you doing to me?"

"Shh..keep your voice down or he will hear you."

"Who?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Ace will hear."

"Who's Ace?"

"He works for The Red Queen and he wants to kill you so we have to go." He grabbed my arm but I pulled back.

"Alice I'm not fooling around we need to go." 

"Nah....we can take him. Come on you saw what I did to those guards I can surely do to him. I'm sure he can't be that hard to beat have you seen The King's army?"

"No, not Ace no one can beat him."

"Fine let's go let's be cowards and run."

"Alice I didn't-" Max started but I cut him off.

"Doesn't matter we run he kills us, we don't he kills us. Running makes us safe for a little while right?" I questioned him and he nodded his head as in understanding but he didn't say anything.

"Why are you trying so hard to save me Max? I don't need help I never did. I'm capable of handling this, I wanted to come here-it was my choice. I don't need your help anymore. I don't need a hero Max, you can't save someone who doesn't want to be saved."

"Listen Alice, I don't have a choice I have to protect you and I'm supposed to die for you."

"Yeah well, you're NOT dying for me and you don't need to protect me, I promise. I'm fine Max, I've gotten this far and you were the one who needed saving not me so don't protect me."

"I don't have a choice sorry Alice."

"Fine whatever let's go before this lunatic kills us both which he won't." I snapped and walked even farther away from Max.

"Alice The Queen of Diamonds needs you okay she knows everything about you and why you are here in Wonderland."

"I came there is nothing else to it I wanted to come so I did, now you can go unless you want to share with me why I'm here."

"I can't tell you."

"You can't tell me?!?"

"I would, I just can't."

"Fine, then go...okay I don't need you if you're keeping secrets from me I don't want to be stuck with you, I can take care of myself and if I get caught, I'll get out of it and if I can't at least I'll die trying."

"So you're a martyr?"

"Yeah it kind of sounds like it." I agreed. I started to walk away but Max grabbed my wrist, I turned around quickly

"LET ME GO!"

"Oh Alice I can't do that." He grinned his grip getting tighter around my wrist every time I tried to pull away.

"I SAID LET GO OF ME!"

"Why let you go? I got you right where I want you." He smirked, then his face started to change. It changed into a blonde hair boy around the age of seventeen, he had the greenest eyes I've ever seen on someone.

"Who are you?" I asked him.

"I'm Ace."