gƎtTiNg 0uT aLiVƎ?

"Headstrong, I'll take on anyone."

Oh God Alice, why? I think I just mentally slapped myself in the face. Crap, crap, crap, okay new task pretend I never said that and unlove Max. I mean look at him-he's a dork, I can't fall in love again, love caused me nothing but pain. If someone wants to be saved then they shouldn't fall in love. Love is the deadliest of all diseases.

"You do?"

"Yeah I guess." I looked down at the floor, I didn't want to love Max, I didn't want to love anyone. Max put his two fingers gently under my chin pushing it up so I was looking into his eyes.

"Alice why are you so ashamed of being loved? Alice why are you so ashamed of loving someone else?"

"I can't love anyone, I don't want to love anyone, love doesn't exist. Come on, who would love me? That's stupid, I'm Alice Kingslee no one special, I'm just a girl. Plus you really don't want to love me Max, don't love me Max. I'm going to save you from heartbreak. Don't fall in love with me because I screw everything up, I'm a screw up."

"No you're not Alice."

"Yeah, yeah I am I. I mess everything up, I let everyone that I love down that's what I'm good, letting down the ones who love me the most."

"Alice stop, you're not a mess up." Max started but I looked into Max's eyes they looked different they looked green not his blue color that I loved. The grip on my knife tightened in my hand. Max leaned in, hugging me. I hugged him back, I brought the knife up, stabbing Max in his stomach this caused him to hold his stomach, he pulled his hand away I saw his crimson red blood on his fingers.

"Alice?" He spoke falling to the ground. I watched as his face started to change, his face started to change into Ace's.

"Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me."

"How did you know?" Ace's voice was cracking.

"Max has blue eyes smarts not green get details right Ace." I held my knife to his neck pushing down on the metal so the razor was slowly breaking his skin.

"Alice don't."

"Why should I stop? I have you right where I want you."

"Alice if you kill me you'll make a big mistake."

"But if I keep you alive, I'd be making an even bigger mistake." I pressed the knife deeper into Ace's skin.

"Alice listen to me. You kill me, you're killing Max, everything you do to me you're doing to Max."

"You're lying you're a demon and demons lie all the time."

"Alice I'm not lying, kill me and you'll never see Max again, Max will be dead when I die."

"I don't believe you."

"Alice you don't want to do this, I'll tell you everything but I know one thing you kill me and he'll die. So if you really want Max to die then go ahead and slit my throat."

"Fine, but you need to tell me everything." I slowly lifted the knife off of his neck.

"The King knows you will kill me, he knows you hate me, he knows you won't stop until I'm dead so he put a spell on me connecting my life to Max's. He knows if Max dies you'll be all alone. He sees you as a threat so he wants to get rid of the problem. He knows you love Max."

"Why do you want to help me?"

"I need you to kill The King."

"I thought you said it was impossible to kill The King?"