wƎ ArƎ aLL MaD HƎrƎ

"Drink me."

I leaned back in my chair.

"Okay fine, but I'll take her down. I killed my mother, I can surely kill the Red Queen."

"Oh, Alice you would never kill anyone. You're too sweet for that, too innocent to kill someone." The rabbit laughed.

"You're so naïve, just as I remember little rabbit."

"I'M NOT NAIVE I'M LATE!" He panicked.

"You didn't kill your mother Alice." The Mad Hatter cut in agreeing with the rabbit that someone like me, someone so sweet, so innocent would never do anything so cruel, something so mad.

"Yes I did, that's why I am here, she wouldn't listen to me so I killed her and came here." I answered truthfully remembering how badly I beat my mother and how I didn't care that I was killing her in fact, I wanted to kill her. The Mad Hatter started to laugh at my response, he jumped down from the table and took a seat at the head of the table, he laughed even harder slamming his fist on the table.

"Oh Alice, welcome home you've gone mad."

"And that's a good thing?" I asked him.

"Oh yes you're mad. I mean you must be Alice, or you wouldn't have come."

"I don't think I'm mad."

"Alice people who don't think shouldn't talk."

"Fine, I know I'm not mad."

"Oh yes you are."

"How do YOU know that I am mad?"

"Well Wonderland is where all the mad people go Alice so really at the end of the day you are mad because you decided to come into this land. The land of Wonder."

"I guess you're right."

"I'm always right, now I have a question for you have I gone mad, Alice?"

"I'm afraid so...you're entirely bonkers. But I'll let you in on a secret-all the best people are." I winked at him.

"Do you want to know how I ended up here, Alice? I mean we all have a story and how we got here. This is where all the mad people come." The Mad Hatter told me.

"I would like to know how you ended up here."

"Well, Alice, you see I kill too. I remember walking home at night, my parents---oh my parents fragile little things. Hmm...didn't like them they were mean. I was coming home from work, I opened up my front door and walked in the minute I did my parents and I got into a little disagreement so I went into my room and slammed my door shut. I waited for night time to come and when it did I made sure my parents were sleeping, I went into the kitchen I grabbed the sharpest knife that I could find. Then I walked back upstairs, I opened their bedroom door and I stabbed my parents to death. After I saw what I had done I ran outside I found the little white rabbit with the ticking watch I started following him until he jumped down the rabbit hole and then I ended up in Wonderland. We have all killed people Alice...why else would we be here?" The Mad Hatter smiled.

"So YOU'RE crazy?"

"Oh I'm not crazy...your reality is just different from mine. Plus, reality is poison."

"Is that way you came down here because you didn't want to face reality?"

"Why face reality Alice when you can be in a world so wonderful?"

"You know Mr. Hatter ever since I went back to my world I always dreamed of coming back here. Everyone thought that I was crazy because I talked about Wonderland for the longest time I even dreamt about Wonderland. Everyone told me that Wonderland was only a dream."

"Well set no one in your world came down here I would assume they would assume Wonderland wasn't real because after all, dreams are not reality but who is to say which is which?"

"But Wonderland isn't a dream!"

"I know that and so do you but people in your world think that it is because they never saw the rabbit hole. Did you care to show them?"

"I tried but I couldn't find it."

"That's because you were showing them the wrong hole only the white rabbit knows the right hole to jump down to get here the place everyone wants to go."

"Are you sure that she is here?" I heard someone call out in the distance.

"Oh-NO, OH-NO IT'S, IT'S THE, THE RED QUEEN!" The rabbit hid under the table.

"Oh boo hoo, rabbit what is she going to do say 'off with your head' it's lame." I laughed.

"Here Alice drink this." The Mad Hatter tossed me a bottle that read, 'Drink me', I shrugged my shoulders and drank it.