MaX's H0u$e

"Love's over rated."

I heard Max moan at my response it was true I didn't need him. I heard footsteps behind me catching up to me.

"Hey wait up Alice, where do you planning on going?" He asked me.

"Anywhere but here."

"Did you feel anything when you killed those guards?"

"Nope, not a thing."

"What are you, Alice, heartless?"

"Oh please I'm not heartless, I just learned how to use my heart....less. " I smiled.

"You're scared someone is going to break it aren't you?"

"That is possibly the dumbest thing anybody has ever said to me."

"So what Alice? What is it? Did someone break your heart?"

"No I don't get my heart broken Max. I'll give you some advice the best way not to get your heart broken is to pretend you don't have one."

"I guess you're right."

"I'm always right, Max. Anyways I really need to get out of these clothes." I laughed a little bit and so did Max. Max led me down a path in which the path changed colors every step that we took. The white roses were still painted red however, the red was fading away. Max led me to a mushroom with a door, he opened the odd looking door.

"Well this is my house, I bet my sister has something that will fit you." He told me walking into his mushroom house. I followed his lead sitting down in a chair while he went into a room then he walked out holding a black tank top and black pants.

"Perfect."

"You must be hungry, I'll make you something." Max said walking into the kitchen. I got a weird feeling...maybe Max wasn't all that bad of a person, maybe I was going to let Max help me, I think I actually liked Max. Soon after he came back handing me some bread and more tea taking a seat at the table.

"How'd you end up here?" He asked me.

"I killed my Mom...she was annoying, she hated me."

"Hated you? Mother's can't hate their kids."

"You didn't know my Mom. I guess in a way I hated her too, I didn't really mean to kill her it just happened. I wasn't thinking straight."

"I'm sorry to hear that. I killed my brother....I didn't mean to though."

"What do you-" But I was cut off by him.

"My brother and I went to a party the party was out of control people were getting drunk so I drove to try and find a place to crash and I found a cabin so I texted my brother to let him know where to go. Well someone was in the cabin, so I grabbed a knife and hid around the corner, I heard the footsteps of a man walking once he got close enough I came out and I stabbed the person that person was my brother."

"My Dad died..." I trailed off.

"I guess that's the main reason why I'm here and killed my Mom because my Dad died. It was my Dad, my Mom, my boyfriend Ash, and I in a car driving one day and a drunk guy crashed his car into ours, my Dad never wore a seatbelt so he ended up going through the windshield, my boyfriend was killed too, I guess I went crazy after that." I explained remembering my Daddy and how much I missed him.

"I need some air, Max." I spoke getting up from the table walking outside.

"Why do I remember things that I shouldn't?" I thought to myself.

"Oh you can't help that." The Cheshire Cat appeared.

"And suddenly you have 'magic' powers so you can read my mind."

"I always know what you are thinking Alice."

"That's not creepy..."

"Now, Alice if you wish to forget things you can."

"Really?"

"Of course...but there's a catch there's always a catch Alice."

"And what is that?"

"The easiest way to forget things is to kill yourself dear."

"I'd rather not. Plus I have to kill The Red Queen first before I kill myself. I have a job, I'll kill The Queen and then I have to go home."

"Why go home Alice?"

"So I can tell my friends about this place and they'll come here too."

"But they can't come here, Alice, only you can come here."

"Why?"

"Why don't you ask The Queen of Diamonds."

"You were so much more helpful when I was six."

"Yes that's only because when you were six you didn't understand anything and you could use help." He disappeared, but appeared again.

"You like Max, I know."

"Yeah well it's not going to work out because love is overrated, now if you don't mind, I have to go." I said my goodbye then I felt a hand over my mouth.