Moving In

A/N
Sorry to my previous readers but I decided to make this story into a more modern time period. If you choose not to read it this way, it's okay. Just wanted to let you guys know.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Chapter One: Moving In
Sarada sat on her bed holding a picture of her and her parents. In the picture, she was in her mother's arms, she was swaddled in a light pink blanket with the Uchiha royal crest on it, her father stood beside her mother and they were both kissing her on the cheek. She was around five months. It was taken a few months before her birthday when her father had to leave for a business trip. Sarada stood up and placed it in her suitcase before zipping it closed. Soon after Boruto walked in, he picked up another one of her boxes then headed back out. On his face was a scowl. His father, the owner of Uzumaki Corp., forced him to help her move out. Sarada didn't like the idea so much herself because she did not want him to see any of her personal belongings. Ever since what he said on their school trip last week she's been kind of uncomfortable around him. Every time they look each other in the eyes, she can't help but blush and look away.

"Sarada!" Sarada looked up at the sound of her name to see her best friend, Himawari run up to her.

"Hey, Hima-chan!" She responded as the younger girl jumped onto her.

"Sara-nee! I can not wait until you move in! We'll get to share a room." Himawari got off the Uchiha and played with hem of her yellow sweater. Sarada adjusted her crooked glasses and looked at the youngest Uzumaki in surprise. "Well, technically. Your room will be right next to mine and there is a door connecting them together, so we'll be able to visit each other whenever. Plus, when Aunt Sakura and Uncle Sasuke come back you can let them have your room and you can sleep in mine." Sarada looked out her window. In the view she saw the trees from her backyard and the tire swing Naruto had put up for her when she was five. The Hinata look alike patted Sarada on the back and skipped out the room. Sarada picked up the suitcase that laid across her bed and followed Himawari out the door. She took her time as she walked down the stairs, this would be the last time she would see this house for a while. There were boxes everywhere and all the book shelves were bare. Her father had went on another 'weekend' trip, her mom was helping at a hospital in another city and they didn't want her living in the mini Uchiha Manor by herself.

"Yo, Four-eyes!" Sarada pushed up her glasses and looked at the mini Naruto.

"What Boruto?" Her eyebrow twitched in annoyance at the nickname he made up for her when they were three and she got her first pair of glasses.

"Our rooms will be across the hall from each other. Don't try and corrupt my baby sister because I can see everything. She's fine the way she is!" He exclaimed in her face. Sarada blushed and turned away.

"I think the one corrupting her is you!"

"Oh really!"

"Yes really!" Sarada looked back at the blonde and glared. He glared right back. The tension between them was so thick that you could see a line of red sparks flying between their nearly touching foreheads.

"Uh uh!"

"Yeah huh!" Boruto pulled Sarada's bang.

"SHANNARO!!" She yelled as she punched the Naruto look alike. He flew a few feet away from her and landed in front of the open door. Standing there was a smiling Hinata. She looked down at her son and saw a huge red bump forming on his cheek.

"I'll get you back for that, dattebasa..." Boruto mumbled as he raised a limp fist into the air.

"Hmph!" Sarada walked over him with her arms crossed."Koni'chiwa, Aunty Hinata!" Sarada smiled at the older women before walking out the door.

"Boruto, can you be good boy and pick up Sarada's bag?" Boruto sat up and gave a thumbs up before falling back down with a thud. Hinata smiled at her son and turned back the way she came from.

"Niisan!" Himawari exclaimed as she hopped down the steps. Her spiky navy blue hair bouncing with her. "Get up!" Her older brother groaned as he sat up. His light blue eyes darted across the room looking for any signs of Sarada.

"Where is she?" Boruto asked, frantically reaching for any 'weapon' he could find. Himawari placed her hands on her nonexistent hips and tilted her head.

"She left like five minutes ago. You can get up now." She looked down at him and held out her small hand. He accepted the help, but as soon as their fingers touched they were lifted off the ground. Their faces widened in fear.

"Hi my little sunflower! Good afternoon, Boruto!"

"Papa!" Himawari shouted. She wrapped her hands around his neck while Boruto tried to climb onto his head, they giggled as Naruto walked back down the hall. Meanwhile across the street, Sarada stood behind a wooden pole. She had just saw what Naruto did and she was jealous. Papa never did that to me. She thought to herself. Tears welled up in her onyx eyes as she turned away.

****
Boruto couldn't wait until he got back home. His mom said if he helped Sarada move her stuff he would get his game back. The only thing he didn't like about this whole moving thing was that only Sarada was moving in. That meant no alone time because his mom told him to watch out for her in the new neighborhood. Also, he had to walk her to and from school. That included going to their after school lessons together instead of just meeting up. Sarada is gonna be a pain in the ass, dattebasa. Boruto told himself as he carried the last box of books into Sarada's new room. Sarada looked up from her book and stared blankly at Boruto who stood at her door holding another box of books.

"Where do you want 'em?" He asked. Sarada pointed to the far right corner and continued reading. "Bookworm..." Boruto muttered as he placed the box in its directed location. Sarada's left eyebrow twitched, a pulsing red tick mark appeared on her forehead. However, she pushed up her glasses and buried her face deeper in the pages of her book. Boruto stepped away from the box and placed his hands in his pocket. He looked at Sarada's head before smirking.

"What are you still doing here?" She asked without looking up from her book.

"Nothing."

"Then leave!" The tick mark on her forehead enlarged. Boruto snickered before turning and exiting the once empty room. He walked across the hall to his room and sat at his computer. He turned it on and sent an email to one of his pranking buddies:

Yo, Inojin!
I want to prank my dad and I wanna know if you were going to help. P.S. don't tell your mom or dad because they'll tell mine and I'll get in trouble. Or we can hang out at the ramen shop and play some video games. I'm not grounded anymore!

A few minutes later, his computer lit up with a response from Inojin:

Sorry, Boruto.
I have Ino-Shika-Cho lessons again. Maybe tomorrow.

Boruto sighed as he shut off his computer and spun around in his desk chair. He stopped and pulled his game console out of his once locked drawer. Boruto played for awhile until he heard muttering from across the hall. Boruto placed his game in the drawer and walked to Sarada's room. She was laying across her new bed asleep with her book hanging from her hand. Her glasses were crooked, her forehead protector was loose and her hair was all over the place.

"And I'm the baka. Who falls asleep without changing?" Boruto asked as he reached to take off her glasses. When he did Sarada shifted and her book fell to the ground. Boruto ignored it and began to untie the red ribbon in her hair. After finally getting it untangled from her hair he placed it and her glasses on the desk across the room. He walked back to the book and examined its cover. It read: Alyssa's Guide to Love. Boruto turned the book over to look at the blurb: Alyssa is a twelve year old girl who wants to know what LOVE is. While she tries to figure this out, she ends up falling in love with her best friend's older brother who happens to be in her class and is also a huge idiot. How will she cope?
Sarada shifted so she faced Boruto again. Her hair was fanned out across her pillow and her soft, pink lips were slightly parted. "Goodnight Sarada." Boruto put Sarada's book beside her head and walked back to his room.