|| six || better acquainted ||

Beginne am Anfang

"Eh ikaw, mag kwento ka rin ng family background mo,"

"There's not much to tell, I was born Nicomaine Dei Capili Mendoza. I have two brothers and two sisters, I'm the youngest daughter but as you can see, I'm the lolo's favorite so namana ko to ang vineyard, I was a culinary graduate."

RJ raised an eyebrow, "Culinary ka pala? Bakit bacon, eggs and salad lang alam mong lutuin?" he teased.

Maine rolled her eyes, "Sipsip student ako eh kaya naka graduate," she said cheekily.

"May tinatago ka palang talento eh," he laughed. "You charmed your way to graduate?"

"Guilty, kitchen work never agree with me," she put both her hands up, her palm facing him in a surrendered manner. She chuckled. "To be honest, sana nga nag agriculture na lang ako or design since I'm so into designing lately, I'm actually building a gazebo in my backyard,"

"Ahh, kaya pala every afternoon hakot ka ng hakot ng mga wooden planks," he chuckled.

"Ano ba akala mo?"

"Kala ko nababaliw ka na,"

She giggled and playfully slapped his shoulder. "Grabe ka sakin!" He grinned, realizing how he loved the sound of her laugh.

There was a pregnant pause between them, some strange tension started to build around them. He wanted to kiss her right there, the dimlights and the cricket sounds were portraying a romantic setting for them, and RJ did his very best to control himself. It was too soon to do those moves.

He shook the thought away, and poured himself another glass of wine. They were halfway through when Maine started coughing and rubbing her shoulders, she was shivering.

"Pero anyways," she looked at him again, RJ noticed how she didn't like the silence. Everytime there was a moment of silence between them, she'd find another conversation starter. "Now that we've established our family backgrounds. Move on tayo sa relationships, what's your status? Single, married, divorce?"

He laughed heartily. Gosh, this woman amused him, he thought. He'd simply taken off his jacket, he stood up and placed it over her shoulder. She smiled at him, and thanked him. "I'm single,"

"Weh?"

"Ba't parang di ka naniniwala?"

"Single ka pa sa lagay mong yan?"

RJ looked at her confused, "Ha?"

She rolled her eyes. "Impossible naman na single ka,"

"Paano naging impossible?"

"Well, you're a doctor, gwapo ka and mabait naman, don't tell me you're..." RJ just stared at her, "You know, same sex preference,"

RJ's eyes widened, "Oi! Hindi ah! I'm not gay, I'm not gay at all,"

She looked at him, apologetic. "Sorry, anyways. I'm sure maraming babae naghahabol sayo, kasi like I said gwapo ka naman, mukhang decente at mabait,"