Lightning

*Hayleigh's POV*

            I was sitting there in class talking to Tyra, when we heard a loud noise out towards the field. It seem to make everyone wonder what it was and we soon found out it was a chemical spill down at the field.

School was let out early in case the spill bothered it too. I was always happy to go home early, well I was actually going to Jason's but either way. I drove over there and walked in "Hey Jay! So I have another one of my crazy ideas."

He smiled at me "well you are here early" he said pulling me close and kissing me "now what is this crazy idea?"

I kissed back, smiling "Well I think it would be an amazing idea since you are hanging out with the guys more now and you are now 'Coach Street' so I think you should go back to school."

He chuckled a bit but I could see the uneasiness he was feeling, then he said "well, if I must say so myself 'Coach Street' has such a ring to it. But with the hearing tomorrow and everyone already hates us for doing that...maybe I should just get my GED. How will I even catch up?"

I giggled "Yes it is does, its very attractive!" I kissed his nose and then replied "Well I would help you catch up and I know that's hard but the hearing will pass. I would be there and the guys. I mean what could it hurt?"

I smiled pulling me close "Okay, we will see how the hearing and the game goes then decide about next week. I love you Hayleigh and so guess what?"

I smiled, sitting there on his lap "I love you too Jay and what?"

I sat there wondering what it could be, when he said "Well I have been working towards this with Herc, you remember Herc right? Well I – you know what just come on and I will just show you." He smiled as I got up off his lap. "Oh yeah Hayleigh, when is this therapy thing?" he ask, while he was putting on his shoes.

I smiled and went outside with him and everything that this could be was running through my mind. We got out to his jeep and he opened the door, I watched him as he got into the jeep. I smiled at him doing it and said "Well look at you! Is this what you have been doing all day?" I giggled a little.

"Maybe it was, is that a problem Hayleigh Mae?" he chuckled and reached to shut the door. "Please put the chair in the back and get in!" He said, patting the passenger seat.

I giggled, shaking my head and did as he said. I got in and he smiled at me, I cupped his face and kissed his lips gently. "I love you so much, Jason Street! Now are we going somewhere?"

He smiled and replied "I love you too" it took a minute but he finally got it started and looked over at me "Do you trust me?"

I giggled "I got in the car didn't I?"

He nodded and chuckled, pulling out. We didn't really go anywhere, just drove around town. It was actually nice to do and just be with him. Later that evening, we stopped at the Alamo Freeze and ordered Milkshakes, talking to Smash and Matt.

Smash brought us our milkshakes and he said "Street! We are gonna go to state for you man! We gonna win then you're gonna go with us right?"

He grabbed his milkshake and replied "yes you know since I am Saracen's quarterback coach and how could I miss the state game!"

Smash smiled and I giggled at them acting like such guys. Even though it was hilarious to see I was so glad he was becoming ok with himself. I loved seeing him out, smiling and laughing with friends. "So man when are you gonna come back to school? We need you back Street!" Smash said.

Jason smiled and looked at me, replying "Well she was talking about that earlier. I don't know if I'm going to come back, she wants me too. It will probably be after football season anyway."