Golden

-Paisley's POV-

"I'm just coloring, and no Jay is out with Matt, Tim, and Smash. So we can just have a girls night." Hayleigh smiled and patted the seat next to her for her Mom to sit down. I leaned against the island in the kitchen watching them.

"Why don't we make cookies and watch movies all night?" Mrs. Porter suggested holding Hayleigh close to her. I smiled and nodded whiling looking at Hayleigh for her response.

"Sure! Mommy can we dip fruit into chocolate as well and eat it like we used to this late?" She smiled and looked at Mrs. Porter hopeful, I could tell Shelly missed doing that so when Hayleigh asked her face just lit up.

"Yes of course Hayleigh!" I smiled at their Mother Daughter relationship. I wish I had that with my Mom, I've never been that close to my Mom. I've never called her Mommy or cried into her chest like Hayleigh did earlier. I've always wanted to but I was just not that close to my Mom.

"Paisley can you grab the block of chocolate from the cabinet behind you?" Mrs. Porter asked while pointing to the exact cabinet. I turned around and grabbed chocolate and vanilla setting them down on the table. "Hayleigh do you and Paisley want to go to the store and buy any sweet thing you want? Just don't spend $50." Mrs. Porter giggled grabbing a 50 from her purse. Hayleigh smiled and hugged her tightly running upstairs to get her shoes.

"Thank you Mrs. Porter that's really nice of you to let us do this." I said smiling at her, she smiled back and handed the money to me.

"Of course Paisley! You're like a daughter to me you know, I'm so glad you're there for Hayleigh no matter what. I know tonight was a bit rough but I'm glad we finally told you." I teared up thinking about the whole thing but smiled through it. Hayleigh's had it really hard and I honestly felt so awful. No one should have gone through everything they did. Hayleigh came downstairs and said goodbye to her Mom and we left to go to the store.

"Hayleigh I need to tell you something." I bit my lip and gripped the steering wheel. She told me about her backstory with Ethan and everything, it's only fair if I tell mine.

"What's wrong?" Hayleigh looked at me concerned. I was really nervous to tell her about my life, I mean it wasn't as bad as hers but I really feel like I should tell her.

"I want to tell you more about me, like...my life before I moved to Dillon." I parked the car I'm the parking lot of the store and looked over at her. She sat there ready to listen getting comfortable.

"Go on." She said sitting criss cross apple sauce.

"Okay so my Mom and Dad lived in Cefalù Italy back when my Mom was pregnant. It's a beautiful town really, the ocean is a beautiful teal blue, kind of like the Caribbean, the buildings are sorta old fashioned but beautiful, they have meaning behind them, like once you look at them you see history. Anyway, my parents were engaged to be married later on that year.  The thing is, ever sense they were together they've always fought about anything, like where they live, money, why did someone not come home from lunch at work, were to eat, if they need to lose weight, why they're together, how they're going to take care of me, why my Mom didn't have a job, just many pointless things. The day they found out they're having a girl they talked about baby names. My Dad is 100% Italian, he's grown up there, loved their his whole life, his Great great great grandparents lived there, so he wanted his daughter to have a traditional Italian name. My Mom is from Dillon Texas. She met my Dad one day on vacation, she wanted a traditional American name for me. My Dad wanted me to be named Alessandra Camilla Garfagnni, but my Mom wanted Paisley Renée Hale. They would constantly fight about it, one day my Dad came home from work and they started to talk about it again and start fighting. Eventually the fight led to other subjects than the baby name and they ended up calling off the wedding. My Mom and Dad split. We went to live with my aunt in Cefalù, my Dad left the town and went to Venice Italy and met another women who he married. I lived with my Mom and aunt in Italy until I turned 6, my Mom missed Dillon and decided to move back. I only knew Italian so when I moved back home I learned to speak English and adjusted to being American. Once I started school I noticed my voice was different from everyones sense I had an accent. The kids bullied me and called me names but I told my Mom and she taught me how to kill people with kindness. After the whole never seeing or knowing my dad and being bullied I learned to think positively and do whatever it takes to fit in. That's why I'm so nice, I hide my emotions behind my smile. I could be screaming on the inside but on the outside you don't even know what's wrong with me. I cheer because all the American films I've seen Cheerleaders are a huge thing so I became one, yes I waited tell my senior year to try out but I was too afraid all the other years because I didn't build up my optimism yet. So that's my story.." I looked down at my hands thinking about everything I just told her. It all came up like word vomit I couldn't stop myself for one second.

"Whoa...Paisley I'm so sorry you don't know your Dad that must be hard." Hayleigh grabbed my hand comfortingly but I just shrugged.

"It is what it is." I sighed and we walked in forgetting about everything just shared in the car. We were way too busy choosing what ice cream we want and what kind of brownies. We laughed making jokes and getting chips and things to have a perfect girls night.

We returned to Hayleighs house and made home made avacado face mask in our pajamas.

"Hayleigh you look a little green are you feeling alright?!" Her mom joked, we laughed and shook our heads.

"Mom you're so lame!!" Hayleigh laughed and grabbed the chips. "What movie should we watch first?" Hayleigh walked over to look at their collection.

"Can we watch The Great Gatsby?!" I asked excitedly. I loved that movie more than Leonardo wanted an Oscar.

"That's a fantastic movie why don't we watch it?!" Mrs. Porter chipped in  smiling. Hayleigh scanned the shells for it looking multiple times back and forth until she came a crossed it.

"Ah ha! Found it!" Hayleigh smiled slipping it into the DVD player.

We all gathered around with popcorn, chips, pizza, and ice cream. This was honestly what I needed, I love Matt but I've missed Hayleigh and that whole fight we had was so dumb! I'm so glad she's my best friend again. I grabbed a blanket and shared it with Hayleigh while smiling at the movie and how adorable it is.

Mrs. Porter ended up going to bed early because she had to get up early but Hayleigh and I stayed up watching movie after movie. We watched Gatsby, Clueless, Scooby Doo, Johnny Bravo, Powerpuff girls, literally anything and everything under the sun. We laughed so hard tears were falling down our cheeks making it look like we were crying.

"Hayleigh? Haaaayyleigh?" I poked her slightly to see if she was still awake. It was 5AM and I looked at my phone. Matt should be ready to go for his morning jog, I slowly escaped going outside and called Matt.

"Hello?" A husky voice came through the other end of the phone.

"Hey Matt did I wake you?" I sat down in the chair on the porch leaning back while watching the sunrise.

"No I needed to get up to run, how's Hayleigh's going?" He adjusted himself under the covers to sit up.

"It's really fun! We've stayed up watching a bunch of movies and tv shows while talking about anything and everything! I had a ball last night with her and her Mom." I smiled playing with a button on my shirt. You could hear the smile appear on Matts face.

"I'm glad you had fun beautiful. You deserved it after everything that's gone on." He paused for a few moments. He didn't hear anything on his end of the phone. "Paisley? Baby?" He was confused to no response. He checked to see if he was still on the call getting a bit worried when he heard a soft snore come from my end of the line. A wide smile appeared on his face and he chuckled to himself. "Goodnight beautiful I'll talk to you later." He hung up the phone and I fell asleep were I was laying on the porch. All the fun last night wore me out.

•A.N•

-thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy! :)

-Patti