I Knew You Were Trouble

-Paisley's POV-

I left my house and hugged Hayleigh goodbye. I smiled and got in my car taking a deep breath. This is it Paisley. This is your second date with Matt. You cannot mess this up! There is no way you can mess this up. You're Paisley Hale for crying out loud! You got this girl. I started the car and drove to dinner. I was meeting Matt at the fast food place he worked at. It was cute walking in and seeing him in his work outfit.

"Oh Paisley. You're early." He gulped and smiled nervously.

I smiled back at him and said "Yup! I just wanted to be really early." I giggled and shrugged my shoulders.

"Okay," he chuckled, "I'm off in about five minutes then I'm going to change. You can sit anywhere you like."

I smiled at him and took a seat, five minutes went by and he went to change then came to sit down. He looked so good I thought and I smiled, looking at my hands sliding my feet back and forth. He cleared his throat and I bit my lip. What do I say? Oh come on Paisley! "I like your hair." I said and smiled nervously. Come on Paisley you couldn't be anymore awkward than that! Seriously?! I like your hair?! It's the same hairstyle every single day. Okay Paisley focus. You cannot screw this up!

"Thanks," he chuckled and smiled blushing a bit, saying "I like yours too."

Maybe he's nervous too? We both sat there awkwardly looking at our menus. "What's good here?" I smiled at my menu.

He laughed a bit to himself and replied "Well we are a burger place. So any burger here is really good. Our fries are really good too." He smiled proudly to himself and I giggled.

"Then I guess I'll have a cherry coke and a cheese burger and fries!" I said sitting the menu down

He smiled at me and replied "Me too!"

We ordered our food and just sat there and talked. It was all so much fun and so amazing. We talked for about an hour when I got a phone call from Hayleigh. Really Hayleigh? You know I'm on my date. I tried to ignore it but she called again.

"Do you want to get that?" He asked looking confused.

I nodded and got up walking towards the door. "Hayleigh I'm on my date still. What's so important?" I said, sighing and leaned against the wall.

"Paisley I-I left my house." She answered, crying.

I heard her voice crack and I gasped "What do you mean Hayleigh?! Is everything okay?" I was really worried. Hayleigh is a girl who, no matter what, always followed the rules. For her to run out of the house because of something is a big thing.

"No. Can I come to your house? Maybe stay a couple nights..." I frowned because I heard the sadness in her voice.

"Of course!" I frowned. I didn't want to leave Matt here by himself but Hayleigh needed me. You got to follow the girl code, it states chicks before dicks. I went back to Matt and frowned.

"Is everything okay?" Matt said, standing up and grabbed my hand.

"Look Matt I really wish I could stay but Hayleigh really needs me right now. Something bad happened and as a friend I got to be there for her. I really hope you understand." I kissed his cheek and grabbed my stuff. I paid for my food and left a tip, going home. I couldn't imagine what was wrong with Hayleigh, I didn't even want to think about it. This was all bad, something is up and I really hope it's not about Jason, she would be so crushed. I got home right before she did and put everything away. I ran to the door once she was here and I opened the door up to a girl in tears, sobbing uncontrollably. I immediately pulled her in for a hug. "Hey its okay come on." I said, taking her up to room.