Tailgate Town

-Paisley's POV-

I woke up and looked over at Hayleigh, she was still asleep. I got up and got ready to leave, I packed my stuff up and got dressed. By the time I was all ready to go she was still asleep. I sighed and wrote her a note not wanting to wake her up.

Dear Hayleigh,

I left early this morning because I needed to go home and talk to my Mom. I'll text you, I hope you have a good day see you soon.

Love, Paisley

I left her house and went to Matts. I know I lied to her but I didn't want to tell her the real reason as to why I left. Last night I asked about the picture and she kind of got really mean and just said the rudest thing. She was like so mad over it and I don't know why. I decided that she needed some space so I'm going to go see Matt today. I knocked on the door and sighed bringing my suit case closer to my body.

"Paisley is everything okay? I mean it's not that I'm not happy to see you, I am, it's just, the other day, you ran away so quick and I haven't heard or seen you in a couple days so I thought something was wrong and you." Matt said.

I giggled and stopped him there "Matt everything's fine, I just needed to help Hayleigh but she's fine now with Jason. She doesn't need me much anymore. So I was wondering if we could go on a date. I mean you don't have to if you're watching your grandma I was just wondering, you know I feel bad for just running away from you like that the other day."

He chuckled and stopped me in my sentence and hugged me "I'll get ready, do you want to stay tonight?" He smiled grabbing my bags and putting them in his room.

"Yes please, if that's okay, I don't really want to go home." I sat down on his bed and he nodded.

"Of course it is, I'll be right back." Matt changed his clothes and told his grandma what we were doing then came in his room. "I'm ready!" He smiled and helped me up.

"Thank you, where should we go tonight?" I asked curious.

"Well that's a surprise." Wait, What? Surprise, what does he mean by surprise? He didn't think I was coming over how would he even plan a surprise?

"What? How did you plan a surprise?" I was so confused.

"Well when you get ready to go somewhere you think of things and ask for help." He smiled and held my hand while walking down the street.

That makes a lot more sense. I thought as we walked towards the football field. I was confused as to what was going on but in order to keep it a surprise he covered me eyes and led me towards the field. I smiled excitedly, what did he have done on the field?! Matt removed his hands and I gasped. The field had a blanket, a picnic basket, and some candles here and there. Tim and Smash were hiding in the bleachers, pretty awfully may I add. Tim smuggled some wine in there too, it was the sweetest thing anyone's done for me.

"Matt this is...oh wow." I smiled and kissed him passionately, I was speechless.

"Do you like it?" He blushed and looked down, you could tell he was nervous I wouldn't like it.

"No Matt I don't." I grabbed his hand and he frowned, you could tell he felt so awful. "Matty I'm kidding, I love it!" I giggled and walked towards the blanket. His face lit up and he followed me.

"I'm glad you like it Paisley." He smiled and poured some wine into our cups.

"I wish always like it because you're always there." I blushed and sipped some wine.