Partner

It wasn't until he had teleported into Snowdin that Sans began to have second thoughts. After all, he and Gaster hadn't exactly left on the best terms. Plus there was the issue of why he'd been called here; the scientist had said he'd only call him on reset-related business, and Sans had since sworn off anything to do with time.

He hesitated outside the town, debating. But eventually, curiosity won out. After all, he could always decline, right? He'd just...check things out.

He walked into the sleepy town, giving a few waves to the townsfolk that recognized him. Why would they go to Snowdin of all places? After patrolling it for the past few months, Sans could guarantee that this was the least exciting town in the Underground. Good for patrolling, yes, but it couldn't be that great for science. He kept a socket open for anything out of the ordinary, but it wasn't until he reached the large house on the edge of town that he saw the tall, thin figure waving an arm. Gaster was positively grinning at him; that was...weird, especially after everything that had happened the last time they'd spoken. The scientist quickly walked up to meet him.

"Sans! Forgive me, I should have specified the location, but I am so glad you are here!"

Sans couldn't help chuckling; it'd been a long time since he'd seen Gaster so happy.

"Nice to see you, too, Gaster," he said, then glanced up at the house. His browbone furrowed slightly, and he pulled up his hands to sign, "What with house?"

Gaster looked at Sans quizzically, then mimicked the signs before shaking his head with a half-smile. "You are very much out of practice," he said, then turned and looked up at the house. "It is quite...er, much, is it not? Asgore insisted on something, er, roomy, I think is the word? But it is much too big for my tastes."

Sans blinked. This was Gaster's house? He must have passed it a hundred times by now. He glanced up at the other skeleton. "Y'know, I think it'd look better with some Christmas lights."

Gaster laughed. "And who would turn them on? I often spend my nights in the lab." He shook his head. "But this all is unimportant. Let us get out of the cold." He set a hand on Sans' shoulder and guided him into the house. Sans wasted no time in looking around; it certainly was roomy—much bigger than his and Papyrus' place in the Core—but...really empty. Gaster gestured to a nearby sofa, where a yellow dinosaur was sipping from a mug.

"Sans, this is my assistant, Alphys."

"We've already..." Oh, wait. Different timeline. "Uh, nice to meet you." He held out his hand for Alphys to shake. Alphys jumped up and took it with a sweaty palm, nearly spilling her tea.

"Hi! I'm A—wait, sorry, Gaster just said that." She gave him a pained smile. "Um, sorry I wasn't out there. I, erm, I don't do so well with the cold. Yo-you know, being, erm, cold-blooded. O-only physically, though! Not...oh, god, this is terrible."

"Hey, hey, don't worry," Sans assured, then winked. "Listen, when you're in Snowdin, you just gotta chill."

Alphys blinked, then gave a little snort. "Oh my god, that's awful!"

"It's only gonna get worse. I'm aw-full of 'em."

She snorted again, and Sans chuckled as well as he sat down beside her. He looked up as Gaster re-entered the room, setting a steaming mug in front of the smaller skeleton. Sans looked up at him. "So, uh, why the note?"