Grillby's

Flash!

"Jeez, Ceris, you're gonna blind us!"

Ceris, a small dinosaur-type of monster with a very long neck, laughed as Sans rubbed his sockets. "You and Gaster said we're making history with this research, and it needs to be documented!" She looked at the photo as it printed out of the camera. "And I want to make sure the history books have action shots."

Sans chuckled as she bounded off to take pictures of the other researchers before he turned back to the other two monsters at the table. "All right, so what was that you were saying about anomalies, Wynn?"

The rabbit, pupils still too-wide from the flash, blinked before tapping the paper in front of him. "Based on what I've read, any sort of anomaly could completely break the universe!"

Sans leaned forward, putting on a face of listening intently as Wynn explained his findings, but he wasn't able to concentrate. Really, he was too caught up in how great things were right now. Things were busy, yeah; he still had work and had to make sure Papyrus was all right—though god, he wished he had more time with him. But even so, they were making amazing leaps with the study, and it was...fun. Between tests and research, they joked and chatted and were forced into pictures. And that was without everything he was learning from Gaster—after the rest of the group headed home, he and the scientist would sit and chat about the day's major discoveries or simply talk about the going-ons in the Core, with Gaster signing all the while and Sans imitating as best he could. Immersion, according to Gaster, was the best way of learning, and it seemed like it was true. After a few weeks, Sans was able to sign simple phrases without speaking; it was still tough, of course, but the look on Gaster's face when he saw the signs was incentive enough to keep learning.

He was broken out of his reverie as Terrin, the fish-girl who had spoken at the meeting, interrupted Wynn.

"Okay, hang on, did you get this from a textbook or one of those human books from upstairs?"

Wynn puffed. "That shouldn't matter!"

"It does! Human books are weird. I've seen some where everyone has giant swords; I'm sure humans don't have giant swords."

"It was a science book, Terrin!"

"Okay, okay, hang on, let's cool down. No need to get hopping mad," Sans interjected, earning a giggle from Terrin and a pained look from Wynn. "Anomalies obviously aren't great, but they're not tearing the universe apart just yet. If they were, there would have only been one reset and we all would have died."

Wynn frowned. "But it could be making the timelines weaker! If that's the case, than it's just a matter of..." He stopped himself, and Sans grinned.

"Say it."

"No, Sans."

"Come on, say it. If you don't, I will."

"It's just a matter of time!" Terrin finished with a grin, leaving Wynn fuming nearly as much as Papyrus after a pun. Sans gave her a high-five just as Gaster whistled between two bony fingers, signaling the session was over.

"Excellent work," he said, sounding proud of the group (he always was). "But it is getting late, and I think it is best we break for the night."

"Yess, time for Grillby's!" A lavaman, Tephra, pumped a gelatinous fist. The rest of the group gave a cheer, and Terrin turned to look at Sans.