You watch her, and sigh sadly as she disappears from your sight.

She always left you in charge of the sanctuary. You've never even really been outside of the sanctuary, but a part of you told you it was the only logical thing to do.

You weren't normal. You were a half human freak who would be mocked in the outside world. If anyone saw you, they'd probably kill you for being so different. At least that's how you thought about it.

So you let it go, and flew back over to your friends.

As the afternoon goes on, you grow bored going around the sanctuary to check up on every dragon.

You sigh sadly and was about to turn in for the night when you hear a call. And it wasn't anyone you recognized.

"Hello? Is anyone here?"

'It's a male.' You conclude in your head, tilting your head to the side to hear, 'about the age of 20.'

You narrow your eyes, a low growl coming from your throat. You drop to the ground, and slowly creep over towards the voice.

You see a man standing there, looking around. He had auburn hair, and forest green eyes. At first glance you actually could've thought he was...cute.

'No! No (y/n)! Remember! Protect the dragons! He's an intruder!' You think to yourself, narrowing your eyes.

You glare up at him, and then quickly pounce forward. You land right in front of him, making him jump a step back, turning towards you.

You lift your wings, trying to make yourself seem as huge as possible.

"Why are you here? Leave this place!" You exclaim, glaring at him.

All of a sudden, a dragon jumps in front of him, and roars at you.

You quickly back a step away, your eyes widening. That dragon was a night fury.

"Y-you have a dragon..." You stammer, staring at it in shock.

His response was silence, and you look up at him. He's looking at you, his eyes narrowed in confusion.

You bite your lip before he finally stammers out a sentence.

"W-what are you?"

That stung more then you'd thought.

What. What are you.

You bite your lip, and back up a step, before quickly flying off.

"Wait! Come back!" You hear him yell behind you.

The shout makes you fly faster. You hear a loud flap of wings, and suddenly the dragon that was next to the man flew in front of you, stopping you.

It was then when you noticed that the man was on his back, and your eyes widen.

He was riding a dragon just like valka would ride cloudjumper. Did that mean that he was still dangerous?

You bite your lip nervously, flying backwards slightly.

The man held up his hands in an attempt to calm you down, "Wait! Please I'm not going to hurt you."

You tilt your head, "T-then why are you here?"

"I just found this place, that's all." He says, "I was curious."

You narrow your eyes suspiciously, and let yourself slowly drop to the ground. He follows you, getting off the dragon slowly.

"I promise I won't hurt anyone here. I love dragons, I'd never hurt one." He says, petting the night fury beside him.

You tilt your head, "I've only ever seen one person befriend a dragon. Let alone a night fury."