chapter 11

I'm sitting in my car. It's monday mornig and the weekend had gone by way to fast. I wasn't ready to see Stiles again. When I woke up saturday morning I had a pretty bad hangover, even though I didn't drink that much. I knew I wasn't feeling bad because of the alcohol, I was just so done with everything. That night had cost me all my energy and it wasn't even that dramatic. I decided that I would take a long nice bath to wash all my stupid toughts away. While I was laying there though, surrounded by bubbles and a peachy sent, I couldn't keep the memory's from that party away.

"Katie, what are we doing?"

"I don't know, Stiles. I know I like being friends with you. Do we really need something more?"

I don't even know why I had said that. I needed something more with him. I didn't want to be 'just friends'. Even if I wasn't really sure I wanted to be in a real relationship again, I knew I coudn't keep going on this way. But then again when he tried to kiss me I walked away. Its like when I wanted to do something my body did the exact opposite. I was so confused with my own actions and I didn't know what to do. I spent the whole weekend trying to figure that out. Now I know one thing though.

I have a really big crush on Stiles. And I don't think its going away anytime soon.

---------------------------------------

Stiles POV:

After I had dropped Katie off at her home, I didn't know what to do. My toughts and feelings where all over the place, so I went to Derek. Derek had been to the police station a lot of times, even though he was never guilty of anything. Since I was always there with my dad, in some weird twisted way me and Derek had become friends. He was a couple jears older than me so I often went to him for advice. When Derek had opened the door, we hugged -in a very manly way- and he ushered me inside.

"Good to see you, Stiles. What can I help you with?" Derek said.

"Geez where do I start." I huffed.

I told him everything. From the day me and Katie met, till the party.

"I really don't know what to do. I obviously like her, and sometimes I feel like she liks me too. But when I tried to talk to her about it she said she just wanted to be friends. Its so confusing." I told him, pincing the bridge of my nose.

"When you flirt with her, how does she react?"

"She flirts back, but that's not the point. I don't want to just flirt, I want to date her but I'm pretty sure she'll say no. It would ruin our friendship." I sighed.

"When you where at the party you where trying to make each other jealous, don't you think that means something?"

"Maybe it means something but I don't know what. I was hoping you could tell me."

"I think you should just go for it, kiss her and see what happens."

"Dude NO! Our friendship would be ruined if she doesn't like me that way! Plus I already tried to kiss her once and she just backed away."

"I don't think that counts though. You shouldn't wait for her to start, you have to go up to her and kiss her. Don't you think its worth the risk? What if that kiss could lead you two to admitting your feelings for each other and live happily ever after."

He had a point. I would never really know what she felt for me until she was ready to admit those feelings she might have for me. Maybe kissing her could help me with that.

"You seem like you really want to kiss her, so what are you waiting for?"

What was I waiting for?

"You're right, Derek. Next monday at school I'm going to kiss Katie."