chapter 3

Me, Lydia and Allison where all sitting on the couch. In the weekends my dad worked the whole night and my mom was on a spa trip. So we had the whole house for ourselves. We where watching The Notebook, lydia's favourite movie. With big tubs of cookie 'n cream ice cream we where having a typical girls night.

"So out of the boys whitch one is the hottest?" Lydia asked, clearly up for some gossip.

"Uuhm I don't know... I haven't decided yet." I told her. Even I didn't fall for that lie..

"We all saw your little moment with Stiles the first day of school. Don't deny it!"

I scoffed
"Well I don't know.. It's like 5 days ago that we met I'm not in love with him because he told me I have a cute laugh."

"But he seems kinda into you. I mean in biology he's always staring at you and he sits next to you at lunch everyday." Allison said.

"I just tought that, that was his usual spot. Besides I'm not looking for a serious relationship or anything like that."

"So you DO like him?"

"Uugh I'm putting an end to this conversation" I huffed.

"Why don't you want a serious relationship?"
Lydia asked not dropping the topic.

"It's a long story.." I told them. Even though it felt like I've known these girls forever I'm not sure if I wanted to relive the whole story of me and my ex...

"C'monn we've got all night."

"Well back in New York I met this guy. He was really nice and we started dating. But after a while he got really clingy. He started having trust issues and he always thought I was cheating after that he started beating me up and threatning me, and honistly I felt lika a prisenor in my own skin. After something really shitty went down I finnaly had the courage to stand up to him, but that didn't really end well.. Eventually he grew tired of me and broke up with me. I tought that I could never love a guy again. But a few months later I met Jake. He helped me deal with a lot of problems and then we started dating. But after a few weeks my dad got promoted and I had to leave. We both knew that we couldn't deal with having a long distance relationship so we broke up. I think I should just focus on myself for a while, you know before I get my heart broken again."

"Wow. That really is a long story." Allison said with a reassuring smile.

"Your love life is almost as good as the Notebook!" Lydia said.

We all hugged for a minute and it made me feel so happy that I had found these girls. It felt good telling them what I had been trough, it was like a weight being lifted of my shoulders. I felt like it made our short friendship stronger. I know a lot of people have trouble opening up about their past, and sometimes I feel that two. But I'm allso a pretty open person and with these girls its really  easy to be yourself.

We woke up that morning by a loud phone going off.

"Gosh, Allison if you don't pick up the damn phone I'm gonna shove it up your a-"

"Hello?"

Lydia got cut off by Allison. Luckily.

"Hi Allison it's Scott and Stiles here.. We where wondering if you, Lydia and katie wanted to hang out at the mall?"

"I can't today. I have to go to my cousin's birthday party." Lydia said.

"Ooh that's too bad. How About the rest?"

I looked over at allison and we agreed in silence.
"What time should we be there?"

---------------------------------------

Allison and I were now waiting on a small bench for the boys to arrive. They walked up to us and we went up to hug them.

When I hugged Stiles I felt weird tingles run over my spine. It was the closest contact I've had with him so far and, boy did it feel good.

"So what do you wanna do first?" Stiles asked us with a sweet smile.

"I'm kinda hungry. Maybe we could go to cheescake factory?" I said while rubbing over my stomach.

"Sounds like a plan!"
Scott said.

As the four of us walked down there I saw Scott and Allison walking very close to each other.

"Are they dating?" I wisperd to Stiles.

"Well, they were a while back. They starded going on and off so eventually they decided to become just friends, but sometimes when they get really drunk they hook up." Stiles explaind.

"Wow that doesn't sound complicaded at all." I mumbled. And Stiles laughed at my sacastic comment.

As we all sat down and got our food there was this waitor that kept looking at me. I think Allison noticed to 'cause when he came to bring our second round of drinks she said someting about it.

"Hi there. I couldn't help but notice how you kept staring at my friend. Any interst?"

I gasped. Did she just-
"Uuhm she kinda cought my eye somehow. I'm calum by the way." He told me and I looked at him.

I had to say. He was handsome. He had dark brown curls, and a really tanned skin that was dotted with some tattoo's. From the corner of my eye I saw Stiles look at him with eyes full of anger.

To be honest even though he was really cute I could already tell that he was a player tipe off guy, and that reay wasn't for me.

"I'm sorry Calum but I'm not really Interested."

Apparently nobody expected me to react that way because they where all looking at me in disbelief.

"Nah that's cool.. Uuhn I have to-uuh go help some other costumers." Calum said. And with that he walked off.

"Wow, his confidence probably just dropped below zero. Way to be subtle Katie." Allison said.

"Well I wasn't interested, is that such a bad thing?"

"Yes it is. That guy was freaking hot, and he was staring his eyes out, you two would've been so cute together!"

"You thought he was hot?" Scott asks, probably to get Allison's atention away from me because he deffinetly knew sha wasn't gonna drop it.

"Wel not like-" I tuned the rest out, giving Scott a thankfull smile and starting my own confersation with the boy next to me.