chapter 8

stiles POV:

She kissed me.

Sure it was on the cheek but it was still a kiss. My thoughts where all over the place. I think last night might've been one of the best nights of my life. Being so close to her and hearing here giggles made me feel on top of the world. I wanted to fall asleep with her in my arms every night. I've never felt this way before, not even for Lydia. I had to admit, I loved Lydia for a long time. I thought that I would always love her. But I don't anymore, at least not the way I used to. She's one of my best friends now and I'm totally cool with that.

"You alright, kiddo?" my dad said.

"Yeah, just thinking."

"You know, if you like her. You should go for it. You too fit good together."

"DAD! We're just friends."

"Mhm."

I glared at him before walking up to my room.

Why couldn't I get this girl out off my mind?

---------------------------------------

Katie's POV:

When I got home I immediatly took a shower. But even as I got out,  I could smell the cinnamon and cologne. The sent reminded me of last night. Even though nothing happened between us, it still felt as If our friendship had changed. In some way I felt like it had made us closer. And when I kissed his cheek, it felt so right!
I snapped out of my thoughts as I heard the doorbell ring. Lydia!

"Mom can you open the door? I'm not dressed yet!"

I quickly put on some black leggings, a white tee and a light demin jacket. When I got to the kitchen I saw Lydia chatting with my mom.

"Are you ready to go?" I asked whith a smile on my face.

"Yeah, let's go. Bye Misses Sparks!" she yelled, while we where walking out of the door.

When I pulled up to the parking lot I turned to Lydia.

"I have to tell you something."

"What's up?" She asked, her eyes full of curiousity.

"I had a sleepover with stiles last night."

"Oh my god! You have to tell me everything."

I filled Lydia in on everything that had happened last night. She was listening carefully, her face full of happiness. She really loved gossip and drama, even if it wasn't that dramatic.

"So, you clearly have something going on with Stilinski. But what is it?"

"I honestly don't know."

"Well, what do you want it to be?" she asked.

I didn't know. I knew I felt something more for stiles, but I couldn't figure out what.

"A part of me wants it to be more, I'm not going to deny that. But on the other hand, I'm not even sure if I can date someone again. At least not yet, I don't think I'm ready for that." I spoke in all honesty.

As memory's of my past in New York started flashing by, I knew I wasn't ready for that kind of comitment.

"Why are we shopping, anyway?" I asked, changing the subject.

"There are romours going around that Danny is trowing a party, and I thought that we should get the perfect outfit!" she smiled.

"Why didn't you ask Allison?" I asked.

When it came to Lydia and dress shoppig, she could go on for hours fitting every dress she could find.

Trust me, I had learned from experience.

"She's hanging out with Scott, plus I already have a dress. I wanted to help you find the perfect one." She smiled Innocently, something was up...

"Oh really, why the sudden act of kindness?" I asked.

"Well, Allison and I have made a bet. When you arrive at the party and Stiles sees you, if his reaction is that he drops his drink. Or he gaspes, and leaves his mouth open or something like that. I get 20$, so I'm going to do everything in my power to make you look as hot as possible."

"But its just 20 bucks, its not even that much. I feel so offended." I say with a pout.

"It's not just the 20$, I would kill to see Stiles' face when you walk in there with the most beautiful dress. I mean even when you're in sweats he looks at you as if you are a godess, let alone when I've worked my magic." She says, wiggling her fingers in front of my nose.

"You know, that's kinda sweet. Totally twisted, but sweet." I laugh.

"Shut up!"

---------------------------------------

"Ooh I like this one!" Lydia gawks at a tight, short black dress.

"Mmh no, I want something that covers a bit more so I don't look like a slut. Allso if I whear that dress their wil be nothing left for his imagination, and I want him to think about me, even after the party. I need something classy and sexy." I say with a smug grin on my face.

"Damn, you got some plans don't you?" She asks, admiring my genious words.

"Let's just say I want to have a little fun." I smile.

As I walk to another rack of dresses I find something. A burgundy dress that hits about mid thigh, strapless with lace covered till the elbows and a small black belt.

"I kinda like this one." I say while holding up the dress for Lydia to see.

"Its perfect!" She squeals, dropping some other dress.

"You have to get that one, you just have to!"

"Lets try it on first." I giggle.

I quickly get to a dressing room and try on the dress. Luckily it fits perfectly and I smile at myself before walking out to show Lydia.

"Holy shit you look gorgeous, Katie!" She laughs and I thank her.

As we where walking back to my car, with the  bag that had my new dress in it of course, she says:

"Even though that dress is going th catch his attention, he's going to fall in love with the smile you'll be wearing when you have it on." She kindly smiles.

"You're so sweet Lydia Martin, and I love your little 'tumblr quote' moments!" I giggle.