Alternate ending!

Authors notes: This is how it would have ended had Jake and Katy ended up together :) Let me know what you think :D

~Jake’s view~

I sat on the roof of Alex’s house, Katy’s head leaned against my shoulder as she snoozed in the evening sun. Alex had already almost kicked me out three times, it’s thanks to Katy that I can still be by her side. She’s done nothing but protect me the last few days, as much as I like her protecting me, it still hurts my pride a bit because I don’t know how to protect her.

I couldn’t protect her when her parent’s died, or when she found out Alex was her brother. I couldn’t even protect her when Aaron left her for Audrey, the uniform girl form school.

Katy shifted slightly and her eyes slowly opened, she looked up at me sleepily, “Can you tell me more about yourself?”

I looked at her and blinked once, “What do you wanna know?”

“Everything,” Katy smiled softly as she sat up straighter. “Start from the beginning.”

I let out a heavy breath as I thought back to the beginning, “Well, I was born in almost nineteen years ago in California, but my family moved a lot. My parents were famous singers, but were killed when I was nine. I didn’t have any relatives so I was on the streets. I remember coming across a man who said he had something that could fix anyone’s problems. I wanted to be loved and have a home so he gave me one of his strongest potions. The next time I woke up I was a teddy bear. It took forever to get used to transforming. I remember accidentally transforming into a teddy bear in the middle of a market. One of the little kids that was around me burst into tears. I was chased out of the store and was alone on the streets for the next six or seven years. Then one night when it was pouring rain and I was crouched in the box I had turned into my home, a man found me. He said that no child should be outside alone in this weather.”

“My dad?” Katy asked with a small smile.

I nodded, “Yeah, he brought me to the museum and gave me some dry clothes, he asked for my story.”

“Just like I did,” Katy giggled.

“Yes, just like you,” I gently touched her cheek. “You guys are so alike.”

Katy blushed as she looked up at me.

I tore my eyes from hers, I didn’t know how she felt about me so I didn’t want to do anything that would upset her, so I continued. “I told him my story and he said he thought he had a solution, that he had a daughter who was turning sixteen and loved teddy bears.”

“Me!” Katy jumped.

I threw my arms around her in fear of her falling, and her face turned a rosy pink. “Please stop jumping, I don’t want you to get hurt,” I said softly as her eyes met mine again.

“O-Ok…” Katy stammered.

“So, where was I?” I thought a moment, “Oh, right. Then after we planned everything he let me stay at the museum until the day before your birthday. Then, when he came home the night before your birthday, I was in a box he was carrying. He put the box in your backpack and you know the rest.”

Katy stood up and stretched, “I’m glad I get to be part of your story.”

I smiled up at her, “Me too.”

Katy started to make her way to the latter, “You coming?” she called back to me.

“I think I’ll stay here for a while,” I sighed.

“Alright, just make sure you’re ready for dinner in an hour,” Katy smiled at me as she started to climb down the latter.

“Wait a sec,” I called as I made my way over to her and grabbed her hand, “I love you.” I said as I quickly leaned in and pressed my lips to hers, I could feel her tense up and start to slip. I pulled away and pulled her back up. “You need to be more careful.”