This is a dream, isn't it?

Katy’s view:

After Alex left I sat and looked around the room. It was a gorgeous room, with a large bed, dressers, cabinets, bookshelves filled with books, chairs and couches, and large windows on one of the walls that seem to look out onto a patio and garden. I got dressed in my uniform and put my hair up.

My mind was filled with the events of the previous day. Alex had been so….so nice. It was hard to believe that the arrogant boy I met yesterday was the one who had comforted me so tenderly in my time of need.

Then my eyes caught my backpack, Alex’s and my parent’s reminder echoed in my head. I walked across the room, grabbed my backpack, and walked over to the chairs that were in the middle of the room. When I had unzipped my backpack I rummaged through all my textbooks and found a box the size of a brick, it was heavy too. No wonder my backpack felt so heavy yesterday.

As I opened the box I caught sight of what was inside. A small teddy bear with the initials “KJ” on the right foot. As I picked up the teddy bear a note dropped to the floor with the inscription,

“Dear Katy,

We are so proud of you! You are the light of our life, and you are very special. We wanted to give you this teddy bear to always keep you company even when we can’t be there for you.

Whenever you feel like you are going to cry or can’t think of what to do, give this teddy bear a hug and magical things will happen.”

I was definitely having a hard time now, I gave the teddy bear a hug and something magical did happen.

Poof!

Smoke filled the air around me, and I let go of the teddy bear.

When the smoke cleared and I stopped coughing I heard something I couldn’t believe.

“Hello! You must be Katy Jackson!” A voice said in a gentle voice.

“Eeekk...who are you?” I screamed, standing in front of me was a boy with silver hair.

“My name is Jake. It’s so nice to finally meet you,” Jake said with a smile.

“How do you know my name?” I got out of my chair and started to back up.

“Your parents told me,” Jake started walking towards me.

“How could they have told you?”

“Before they went to work they told me that I was the special present for your sixteenth birthday.”

“But I got a bear for my birthday,” I said in disbelief.

“I am the bear,” he said with confidence.

“Yeah, and I’m a pony!” I said sarcastically. Where does this guy get his information from? Jeesh.

“I’m serious,” he said angrily.

“How do I know you’re telling the truth?” I replied part playful, part curious.

He lifted up his right foot and there were the letters KJ in black letters.

He briskly walked across the room to where I was against the wall.

“Now do you believe me?”

“But there’s no such thing as magic. I mean this has to be a joke. That’s it I’m dreaming!” I concluded.