Chapter 5 Dante

I don't know how the love of my life, the beautiful Isa that gave me immortality, had expected me to react to her statement that my twin must die, but I the moment she said the words, my mind filled with rage. There are not many things on this planet that are stronger than the bond between Master and Childe in the vampire world. It's been a necessary evolution to keep the Hunger of being turned from turning the Childe into a monster who can only drink and drink and drink. I wanted to lash out with all this inhuman strength she'd given me and eliminate the threat to my twin, the only bond that was apparently stronger than the Change. But I couldn't.

My Isa, she owned my soul now. I was her Childe, she was my Master, my love and my jailor. So while I had a killing rage burning under my skin, evoking the Hunger, I could do nothing with it. And Isa jsut stroked my face, knowing look in her eyes telling me that it was her will that kept me locked in place, unable to jump up and run to my twin, my Valentine.

"Oh my sweet Dante..." Issa murmured, bloody lips kissing my throat gently, little pink tongue lapping at my pulse for a moment. "Your rage tastes so good." she moaned, fangs sinking into the skin guarding my heartbeat.

Despite my anger, my rage and my worry for my twin, Isa was able to evoke my body into responding. My back arched, the muscles over my chest and stomach straining with the flexible bend and her hands tore away my clothing to leave me bare and exposed to her fangs. She sank those dainty little teeth into every pulse point on my body, bringing agony and ecstacy until my brain felt ready to explode and the Hunger had dominated my self control. Only then did my Master release her control over me so I could be her toy.

I hadn't been one of those men while I was alive. And although I still draw breath and have a heartbeat, I know what I am prevents me from ever being that man again. Now, because my Master wills it, I find the blood and violence as arousing as I used to find it repugnant. My body drove into hers, fangs penetrating as roughly as my arousal did and she enjoyed both sensations immensely. She let me drink, thick swallows of her blood making the lust and Hunger clench in my belly until she gripped my hair and tore me from her neck. My Isa arched over me, straddling me and riding my body while blood trailed down her exposed breasts. She was my Seductress and I emptied my body into her, feeling her ride me past my orgasim and into her own.

Isa kissed me, stealing my breath and my warmth, willing my heart beat to slow. "I love you Dante. I can't loose you." she whispered to my lips. And then my Master commanded me to sleep, and I was powerless to stop it from taking me under.

~~~~

When a vampire sleeps, they stop having the sembalance of life. There's no twitching, no drooling, no shifting in their sleep. And most importantly, no dreaming. We're creatures that have one foot in the human world and one foot in the supernatural world and we belong wholly in neither. Like a gateway drug, we're the first step in the road to maddness and damnation.

Isa had cast me into sleep, confining me to a body that couldn't move beyond my irregular heartbeat and the barely perceptive drawing in of breath. I didn't need food to survive, though I still craved it, and my Master wouldn't allow me to die. So I was stuck in limbo, unable to physically do anything, and condemned to be mentally alter for the entire thing except those blessed moments when I truely did sleep. At first I believe that my love, my Master would release me after that first day. I thought she bound me to sleep to keep me from reacting to her statement that my twin had to die so I could live. But the sun rose and set again, and I could feel the Hunger coil in my belly, and yet my body wasn't released. When she came to Feed me, she had to 'wake' me up and the Hunger refused to back down to my desire to escape and go to Valentine. Instead I grabbed my Master's wrist and sank fangs in, listening to her moans softly as I drank. It occured to me that I still hadn't Hunted, had never drank human blood and I wondered if that changed anything about me, and if it would help my twin if I did.