Bad Boy Jake.

"You killed him," I repeat in disbelief. I glance down to find my hands are shaking, and I can't rid the image of a bloodied Trevor from my mind. Jake's jaw ticks and he continues speeding through the streets to get away from the police. Once he's created a safe amount of distance between him and the sirens, he turns to look at me. "I didn't kill him, Emily. He's lucky I didn't," Jake tells me. I picture Trevor lying completely still in a pool of his own blood."It looked like you killed him," I whisper.

"I left him breathing," Jake mutters before wrapping his hand around the steering wheel with frustration. I fall silent before turning to look out of the window. The world passes me by in a blur and I try to understand the mix of emotions flooding through me. I'm terrified at what I just witnessed, yet the other half of me is grateful Trevor experienced a small amount of the pain I endured during my time with him.

"The man abused you. Do you think I would let him walk away without a scratch?" Jake asks me quietly. "I didn't ask you to do that," I tell him quietly. Jake's shoulders turn tense. "You don't need to ask me to protect you. I'm going to do it anyway." I always knew Jake would get his revenge on Trevor. I never expected it to be in a public setting with the police coming for him. The thought of Jake getting into trouble with the law over something he did for me makes me cringe on the inside. "You could end up in jail for attempted murder." I tell him bluntly.

I don't need to remind Jake of the law, he's already well educated on it. He turns to look at me with a glint in his eyes and a growing smirk stretching across his lips. "That's the thing, Muffin. I won't get caught," There's a smug hint lining his voice, and I can't resist rolling my eyes at him. What makes him believe he's different from every other criminal? "How do you know you're going to get away with it? People recorded you. There's evidence of you fighting Trevor," I question him with my arms folded across my chest.

"Being part of the most powerful gang in the city comes with its perks," Jake tells me vaguely, avoiding all of the important details. I should have known it had something to do with Amil. My body automatically tenses at the thought of his corrupt boss. "You're probably a well known name to the law. Do you really believe you're going to avoid the consequences simply because you work for Amil?"

"Yes." Jake tells me bluntly. I exhale a deep breath of frustration because my words feel like they're falling on deaf ears. Jake takes one look at my face before turning into a dark street. He kills the engine before turning to give me his full attention. His hand reaches for mine and I reluctantly pull it away. "Do you really believe Trevor deserved anything less than what he got back there?" Jake asks me. I chew on my bottom lip with conflict. Trevor deserves to feel pain but Jake's actions go against everything I stand for. I bury my face in my hands before exhaling a deep breath.

"I want this all to come to an end," I mutter behind my hands. Jake gently pries my arms away from my face before looking at me with a softened expression. "I know, Wentworth. It will soon," Jake tells me. I want to believe him but the fight feels like it's only just beginning. How much do I have left inside me before my body, soul and mind crumbles with defeat? "I know why you hurt Trevor, I get it." I tell him quietly. I've had the same desire to hurt him for years, I simply never acted on it. I didn't have the strength or the courage to go through with it. Relief flashes through Jake's eyes.

"I just wish you didn't do it with a crowd of people watching you." I tell him. He winces at my words before nodding in agreement. "Yeah, I get it. I'm usually more discreet but I saw red. Seeing him drag you away like that made me want to kill him with my bare hands." Jake tells me. "He tried to take me home," I mutter, allowing my gaze to drop to my lip. Jake's fingers gently wrap around my chin and he tilts my head back so I'm forced to look up at him. "Your home is with me now, Wentworth."