Revenge is a dish best served with a punch.

What is Trevor doing here? I feel the nausea swoop through me like a hawk catching its prey. My hands grow clammy, cold and begin to shake with fear. Trevor stumbles toward me holding a beer in his hand. His dark eyes are narrowed and the ghost of a smirk plays on his lips. I release a shuddery breath. It suddenly feels like I'm back at home, cowering on the floor while Trevor smirks down at me. The colourful lights around me begin to blur in my vision. The feeling of joy turns to dread, and it feels like the carnival music begins to mock me. I can't tear my eyes off Trevor. I feel his pull on me as he drags me back into the darkness I've been trying to claw myself out of. All rational thoughts fly out of the window and my mind turns blank. Empty. A vast space filled with nothing but cold fear.

Trevor places his beer down on the bench before taking a seat opposite me. His knee roughly bumps mine underneath the table and I recoil in disgust. My breathing shallows. I want to move but it feels like my body has been weighed down to the spot. Trevor leans forward until his hot breath invades my personal space. My hands grip onto the edge of the bench, turning white due to the force of my hold.

"Where the fuck have you been?" Trevor hisses at me. His lips curl up with disgust, and he looks at me like I'm the most disgusting sight he's ever laid eyes on. I feel my confidence shatter to the ground and a soft whimper rolls through the back of my throat. His dark eyes flash with approval when he realises he still holds an immense amount of power over me. A few weeks away from him doesn't banish the years of torment. I'm back to being a scared, powerless and timid little girl.

"What do you want?" I whisper, unable to tear my eyes off him. The rest of the carnival around me blurs into one, and I feel disorientated with haze. "Do you have any idea of the stress you've caused your mother? Huh? You selfish little bitch." Trevor hisses at me. I open my mouth to protest, but I'm left feeling like a fish without water. I snap my mouth shut before dropping my gaze to the table with shame. I shouldn't feel shameful for leaving when I did.

Trevor's hand suddenly grabs hold of my arm and he roughly yanks me up to my feet. "You're coming home with me. You have plenty of explaining to do." Trevor's grip tightens around my arm. I release a strangled cry when his hands begin to dig into my skin. "Stop it. You're hurting me!" I tell him, just like I've told him a thousand times before. I dig my heels into the floor to stop him from dragging me away. I don't want to go anywhere with him.

"This is nothing. Just wait until you get home. I'm going to teach you a lesson," Trevor hisses down my ear. My vision blurs with heavy tears. I pull at his hand to release me, but it doesn't work. He begins dragging me away with him when I hear an angry voice rip through the atmosphere. "Get your fucking hands off her," Jake's presence surrounds me. The tight hold on my lungs begins to loosen when I remember Jake has been with me all along. He's standing several feet away holding two hotdogs, fries and a milkshake. His eyes are focused on Trevor's face, and his jaw twitches with anger. Trevor's head snaps in Jake's direction and a deep frown covers his features. "Who are you?"

Jake ignores his question before carefully placing the food on the table. He takes a small step forward with his hands balled into tight fists on either side of him. His eyes ignite with anger as he takes in the sight of me trembling inside Trevor's hold. "Are you okay?" Jake asks me quietly. My bottom lip wobbles unsteadily and I shake my head in protest. I'm not okay. I don't know if I'll ever be okay when Trevor is around. My response causes Jake to inhale a deep breath and his eyes turn several shades darker with fury. His gaze slowly travels back to Trevor's face.

"You have one last chance to take your filthy hands off her." Jake spits out. His voice is dangerously calm, but there's a chilling undertone to his words. Trevor tightens his grip on me before releasing a laugh of amusement. He looks down at me with a glint in his dark eyes. "How adorale. You found yourself a boyfriend. Do you think he's going to save you?" Trevor taunts me. He suddenly drops his tight hold on my arm and I stumble backward in shock. Trevor takes a threatening step toward Jake before rolling up his sleeves. I've seen his actions before. He's preparing to fight and the thought of him fighting with Jake makes me feel sick to my core.