Exposed Secret.

"What are you doing?" I confront him, ignoring the way my heart screams out with delight due to his delicious scent enveloping me. His face is inches away from mine, and I can feel his warm breaths hitting my lips. The sensation of his mouth so close to mine causes goosebumps to scatter down my arms.

"I can't let you leave knowing you're angry at me." Jake tells me. I open my mouth to respond, but he quickly cuts me off.

"I defended you because I care about you. I can't stand back and allow an asshole like Jared to treat you like that. I don't usually get involved with high school drama, but I can't ignore it when it's you." Jake tells me passionately. His blue eyes burn with intensity, and I find myself weakening with every explanation he gives me.

"Why not?" I whisper, wanting to hear more about his feelings toward me. Jake's eyes fill with an internal battle, and he winces, almost as if the question is painful for him.

"I don't know. I've tried to ignore it, but you're creeping your way into my thoughts the more I try to fight against it." Jake says to me. His words cause my heart to somersault with glee – "I feel the same way," I whisper. Most of my free time is spent thinking about Jake. His eyes flash with a hint of relief. He drops one hand from the wall before placing it over my waist. I shiver against his touch before looking up into his eyes.

Jake inches closer until his lips are dangerously close to me.

"I watched him dance with you, Wentworth. I wanted to tear him away from you the moment I laid eyes on you together," Jake tells me. His words cause oxygen to catch in the back of my throat. Was Jake Melvin jealous at the sight of me dancing with another boy? I stare up into his eyes before dropping my gaze to his inviting lips. I've wondered what it would be like to kiss him from the first time he annoyed me.

"Are you jealous?" I whisper. Jake's jaw twitches, almost as if he's struggling to admit his feelings for me. His hand shifts against my waist, and the action causes the material of my blouse to lift. His fingers gently stroke against the warmth on my hips, and I feel a whimper of delight build in the back of my throat.

"What if I am? Does that change things between us?" Jake asks me, his blue eyes darkening with desire. His fingers barely touch me, yet I feel the effect of his touch burning on my skin. The moisture strips from my throat, but I muster the courage to respond to him – "Maybe it does," I tell him. Jake's hand circles around my waist, and he dips his head low to finally kiss me.

His lips are soft, and his touch is as light as a feather. I don't dare breathe as he gently glides his lips across mine. He pulls me toward him in one swift motion to deepen the kiss, but the small amount of force used causes me to pull away from him in discomfort. A yelp slips through my lips, and my body immediately reacts to push him away from me. I lift my knee up before hitting him between the legs. My latest self defence move seems to be aiming for the crown jewels. The moment is well and truly ruined between us.

Jake immediately groans before grabbing hold of his body and dropping to the floor. His eyes squeeze shut with discomfort —

"Goddammit. There goes my chance of ever being able to have kids," Jake cries out. He places one hand on the floor before taking several deep breaths to subside the pain he's experiencing. My eyes grow wide at the sight of him, and I rush forward to aid him. "I am so sorry. I don't know why I did –"

The sudden movement causes pain to explode through my side. I release another yelp of pain before clutching at my waist. Jake immediately falls silent, and his eyes focus on my body.

"Are you hurt?" He asks me with suspicion in his voice. He pushes aside his own pain to place all of his focus on me. He stands up before walking toward me. I shake my head in protest while backing away from him. "No. I'm fine." I lie to him while trying to hide the discomfort on my face. Jake grabs hold of my hand before pulling it away from my body. His expression fills with determination, and he reaches for my blouse with his other hand.