Chapter 97

*First person pov*

I was jumping from tree to tree, trying to find Keiko. "Keiko!! Where are you!!!" I called, looking around. I spot a little ball of white fur on the ground. My heart drops and I walked up to the ball. It was Keiko. I bend down and checked her out. She was unconscious, but she didn't seem to be injured. But... she was laying in some sort of puddle of yellow liquids... Whatever it is, it looks disgusting because it had weird things in the liquids. "O...kay.... Keiko, wake up." I said as I slapped her cheek lightly. She was covered in that liquid. "Mmf.... Dango..." She mumbled, drooling a bit. "Keiko!" I yelled as I slapped her again. "Mmm... What is it Ciel..." Keiko mumbles as she turns on her side. "Are you okay? You seem okay... but what the hell are you lying in?" I asked her. She finally snapped out of her daze and sat up abruptly and screamed. "OH MY GOD!!! I'M DEAD!!! I AM SO DEAD!!! IS THIS HEAVEN!? CIEL, DID YOU DIE ALSO!!" Keiko yelled, freaking out. "Whoa, whoa, you're not dead. What happened?" I asked her. "Well... the last thing I remember..." Keiko stood up with a anime tick mark on her head. "THAT DAMN FLYTRAP ATE ME!!! WHERE THE HELL IS HE!! Come to think of it, what the hell was I lying in?" Keiko asked, as she steps in yellow puddle. I noticed a little note on the ground. A question mark appears above my head and I reached for it. I picked it up and read it. Dear Kitten, we ate you but you tasted so horrible that we had to throw you up. If you're wondering what you're lying in, that's our stomach acids. You tasted like toenail clippings that had been sitting out for the past three weeks. You taste disgusting. From, White Zetsu. Ps, be glad we spared you. We were too busy washing our mouths out to care that you're still alive. I snicker as I gave Keiko the letter. She reads it and screams. "OH MY GOD!!! THIS IS BILE!!! EWEWEWEWEWEWEW!!!" Keiko yells running around, anime tears falling from her eyes. "CIEL!!! I NEED A BATH!!!" Keiko yells as she looks around for some kind of body of water. "Umm... I don't know any jutsu that uses the water element... Sorry." I said, apologizing. "WELL LET'S GO FIND A BODY OF WATER ALREADY!!!" Keiko yelled as she flies up in the sky, looking around. "FOUND ONE!!!" Keiko yelled as she starts flying in a direction. "Oi! Wait!!" I yelled as I followed her, jumping from tree to tree.

Time skip~

"Aaah~!" Keiko said as she scrubbed herself. I sighed as I just sat on the tree. We found a huge lake. Keiko told me to use fire dragon slayer magic to heat up the water so she wouldn't be freezing. I pretty sure I killed all the fish in the lake... I'm an eco terrorist. Keiko washed herself off and got out. She dried herself off and put one her spare clothes, her clothes she was wearing earlier she told me to burn. "Let's go Ciel!" Keiko said, waving to me. I hop down from the tree. "What now?" Keiko asked me. "Well... those damn Akatsuki members took Duckbutt and Itachi. We can't do anything right now. Either we head back to Leaf, or is Naruto's team nearby?" I asked her, yawning. "Hm... they're back at the Uchiha hideout." Keiko told me. "Okay. That's not too far away... let's go meet up with them." I said, stretching. "But didn't you say that we should avoid Leaf on this mission?" Keiko asked me. "This mission is over, we failed it." I said as I poked Keiko's forehead. "Ow... but missions are over when we get back to the village!!" Keiko yelled as she slapped my hand away. "Why are we arguing about this? Let's just get going already." I said, crossing arms. "Ugh... Fine. Agreed. Let's go find Naruto and the others." Keiko said, groaning. "What's the matter with you? It's like you're avoiding them." I said as I sat down next to her. She looks down, away that I can't see her eyes. I see water drip down her face and I realize it was tears. "How.... How am I supposed to face them.... Face know that the people I grew up with is just nothing more than an illusion, just as I am...? The times I spent with them.... Are fake as well.... All my memories are fake... everything I know is fake.... I don't know what to think of this..... What about Hisui...?" Keiko lifts up her hand and stares at it. "Should I be glad.... That Hisui wasn't even real... just a some side character that was to be killed...? Some kid... that was going to be forgotten by the people who are reading this story after a few chapters? That's so cruel.... Why...." Keiko said as more tears stream down her face. "Keiko..." I trail off. What hell am I supposed to say to this? "Tell me Ciel... what will happen to us when we get to end.... The end of this story...?" Keiko asked me and I flinch. I... I never thought that far ahead.... Me neither... what will become of us? Keiko stands up and looks at the sky angrily. "DAMN YOU!!! WATCHING OUR STRUGGLES FOR YOUR DAMN ENTERTAINMENT!!! YOU THINK THIS IS FUCKING FUNNY!? FUCK YOU!!! I HOPE YOU ALL DIE IN THE PITS OF HELL!!!" Keiko yelled, shaking a fist at the sky as more tears stream down her face. I crawled over to her and hugged her tiny body, crying. "That's enough!! There's nothing we can do.... This is what's going to become of us, whether we like it or not.... Life isn't fair.... Hell... we aren't even living ourselves.... But all I know... is just live to the fullest of what time we have left." I said as I pet her head. Keiko whimpers as she cries into my chest. "Fuck it... Fuck it all..." Keiko mumbles as she buried herself deeper in my chest. I sighed as I looked up at the sky. I feel like it was the worst idea to tell Keiko the truth.... Ugh.... I don't want her to suffer know this..... But at the same time she should know. Yeah.... She has to know. "Ciel!!" Heard voices yell. I turned around to see Naruto and the team. I turn back and wiped the tears in my eyes, as well as Keiko. "C'mon, smile. Everyone wouldn't want to see you sad, right?" I asked her, as Naruto and everybody neared us. Keiko sniffled. "Yeah."