Chapter 47

*First person pov*

We charged at Hidan. Hidan throws both of the swords that were in his body and at us. Asuma uses his knuckle blades to cut off the blade of the sword and I take out a kunai to block it away. Shikamaru's shadow thing goes for Hidan. Hidan jumps in the air to avoid the shadows and throws more shit at us. "Wind Dragon's Roar!!!" I shout as wind knocks the kunais out of the air and onto the ground. I turn back to Asuma and I see Hidan's scythe going to him. I recognized this scene to be when Asuma gets cut and that's the end of him. I run to try to block the scythe but I knew I wasn't going to make it. My heart was pounding when the scythe gets closer and closer to Asuma's cheek. Everything was going in slow motion. Just when the scythe was an inch near Asuma's face, he was launched into the air. I looked up to where Asuma was in the air, Keiko holding him. I sigh out of relief, but it lasted shortly because the scythe was coming around to me. I jump over it, since it was low. Hidan pulled up the metal rope so that the scythe came back to him. He caught the scythe and charged at me. I charged at him also and got out a kunai. I block all of his attacks, him slicing at me and using his ropes at an inhuman speed, well, it's not like these shinobi had normal human speed to begin with. I was only able to dodge and block all of his attacks because I had used Vernier a while back. I managed to nick Hidan a few times before I try jumping back. "Shit, you fucking asshole!!" Hidan yells as he avoids Shikamaru's shadow attacks. "Come at me bruh! You won't ever be good as Maka!!!" I shout as I charge at him again. Asuma was finally on the ground again and charged at Hidan with me. Keiko came up behind me and picked me up in the air. "Lightning Dragon's Raging Bolt!!!" I shout as I threw a large ball of lightning. Hidan made no attempt to move and the lightning engulfs him. Why the hell didn't he move? I don't know... I'm afraid now... Was he standing on the ritual circle? I don't know... I was caught up in the heat of the battle and I wasn't aware of my surroundings... I was just thinking about some way to harm Hidan... I hear a piercing scream... and it definitely didn't sound like Hidan. Tears spring to my eyes when I identified the voice. Asuma was lying on the ground... a scratch on his bandaged calves, a little bit of blood on it. Sparks of lightning cover his body and a little bit of drool was on his mouth as he was in a daze. "ASUMA!!!" Keiko screeches right in my ear, I would have winced but I didn't care. Keiko and I landed on the ground and we run to his side. "It hurts, eh? Doesn't it? You've been judged, eh. Well? Can you comprehend the pain of others now a little bit now?" Hidan says from behind me. I look behind me, a few tears streaming down my face. Hidan was on the circle, his complexion was black and his bones were showing. "You guys have now been cursed. But more importantly, I'll start my ritual. NOW!!!!!! LET'S SAVOR THE UTMOST PAIN TOGETHER!!!" Hidan yells. I bite my lip in rage, but I knew I couldn't do anything if I wanted to. Not right now, he even isn't out of the circle. But all I can do now is stop Hidan from harming himself, but I still can't do that... Hidan will harm himself if I even get close. I have to rely on Shikamaru... Dammit! Why couldn't I save Asuma!? No matter what I do... it a fail... what have I done that was greater good of this world.... no... I haven't done anything... I just sat around idly while people around me got hurt... Naruto... Grandpa... Duckbutt... everyone... Why can't I do anything right... I'm such a coward... Ciel, things happen. Stop blaming yourself. BUT IT'S MY FAULT!! I KNEW EVERYTHING!!! AND I HAVE MADE NO ATTEMPT TO STOP THOSE FUCKING EVENTS!!! GRANPA'S DEATH... THE DESTRUCTION OF KONOHA... AND NOW ASUMA... ALL OF THE SARUTOBIS MUST HATE ME!!!!! Calm down, you are literally bawling. In real life, that is. Okamia was right. I was crying my eyes out in real life. "Ciel, calm down." I heard a voice say beside me. I turned to Asuma, my tear stains rested upon my cheeks. "How.... you don't know... Hidan's....... You're.... going to..... die... and yet.... Kurenai...." I choke out. "It won't happen. I promise you." Asuma says, smiling at me. There was a moment of silence and I wipe away the tears that adorned my cheeks. "Okay. I got this. Stay here, and bear through with me. Come on, Keiko!" I shout as I charge at Hidan. "Aye!" She shouts as she positioned herself on my back. "CIEL STOP!!!" I heard Shikamaru yell but I didn't listen. I see Hidan pull out his rod thing to stab himself. Adrenaline pumps through me and I go faster. "AAARRRRGHHH!" I shout as I tackle Hidan out of the circle. Hidan uses the rod and to try and stab me. I block it using my hand, it goes through my hand. But I didn't wince in pain, or even feel it. I was just focused on Hidan. "CIEL!!!" Keiko shouts at the sight of my hand. Flames light on my fists and I punch Hidan in the face, causing him to let go of the rod. I pull the rod out of my hand and tossed it to the side and used wind dragon slayer healing magic to heal my hand. I pin Hidan's arms to the ground with my legs. "I'm going to fucking dismember you, bury your fucking limbs all over the nation of fire, sew your mouth shut and hang you on my wall as a prize."