j e s s i e

I am j e s s i e.

And I thought I looked pretty today.

But then I bumped into a flustered looking guy, and now I'm starting to rethink that.

He didn't say anything, just stood there, a startled expression on his face, staring at me.

Immediately I noticed his eyes.

I would die for eyes like those.

Gorgeous, a glowing forest green.

Two scared eyes, like a doe caught in headlights.

That terrified look is what snapped me out of my gazing. They made it evident something was wrong.

Is my make-up smudged?

Is there something stuck in my teeth?

I muttered an apology, as he seemingly choked on his words.

His eyes widened and I couldn't stop my thoughts.

Have I somehow gotten a pimple between this morning and third period?

Have I gained 5 pounds?

The ideas went on and on, and as he kept staring at me, his freckled face getting redder by the moment, one thought stood out from the rest.

Am I really that u g l y?

Then I heard a what can only be described as a chuckle.

A bright little laugh that turned both of our heads to another boy, one with an easy smile and large glasses, leaning against the wall.

"C'mon man," he grinned, glancing at me, "I think we should go."

The boy with the eyes just turned back to me and nodded his head slowly, as if trying to get rid of the creature in front of him without angering it.

He managed to whisper out a small, "sorry," before turning to his friend and practically running away from me.

I couldn't get the guy's laughter out of my head.

Am I really that u g l y?

So I of course did the logical thing.

I went to the bathroom.

And I went straight to the mirror.

And it spoke to me.

Your eyes aren't treetops like his, or an endless sea like a n d r e a ' s, it said.

They're an average brown.

It continued. You aren't s k i n n y like a n d r e a, or tall like the boy.

I'm short and c h u b b y.

You don't have straight brown hair like the two of them have, it said.

I have a curly, dirty blonde mess.

There's a reason its called dirty blonde.

You don't have a twinkling laugh, or blinding white smile, like the scared boy's friend.

I have an unattractive snort, and yellow teeth.

You aren't good enough, just a girl filled with f l a w s, it reminded me.

I know.

So am I really that u g l y?

Yeah, I guess so.

_______________

Sorry this chapter is such a mess...

Anyway, I wanted to say THANK YOU FOR OVER 20K READS WHAT THE ACTUAL HECK OH MY GOSH I LOVE YOU GUYS THANK YOU!!!

Also, what do you guys think of the new cover? I have a few I wanna try out and I would love feedback from you guys.

Thanks :)