Chapter 21: Get Better

Sabrina's POV

I was inside of Grayson's car while he took me home. We pulled up and I saw a ambulance in front of my house. I got out and ran up to my mother who was crying outside.

"Mom what happened? Whats wrong?" I ask while she just sobs in my chest.

I see the medics rolling a gurney with my Grandmother on it inside the ambulance. My whole body feels numb. By now tears are running off my face.

"Only one of you can ride with us." The driver says and I let my mother go.

I just sit on the steps watching the ambulance drive away. Grayson comes and sits next to me. He rubs my back and I jump from the sudden shocks.

"She's going to be okay." He says wiping my tears.

I stop the waterworks and just wait for my mother to call me. It has only been thirty minutes before my phone rings.

"Hello." I say and my mom starts to talk.

"You need to come to Saint Marys hospital now." She says and hangs up. I jump up and Grayson does the same.

"Let me drive." I say and he tosses me the keys.

This would be my second time driving even though I have my license. I have never had a car before. I pull off and drive in the direction of the hospital. The way I was driving we arrived in five minutes.

After I park Grayson and I get out. I see a lady at the reception desk. She looks up and asks for a name.

"Ruby Masey." I give her my grandmothers real name.

"She's in room 56." I run to the elevator and go to the fifth floor.

"Sabrina you need to calm down." Gray says trying to get me to calm down.

I shake my head and breath. It seems to take forever to but the doors open and I walk to her room. I knock on the door and my mom's voice comes through the door.

"Stay here please." I say to Grayson and he shakes his head.

I walk in and see my grandmother hooked up to wires and a breathing tube. Tears start to form in my eyes but she's alive.

"The doctor says she's fine. She just had a asthma attack." My mom says and I let out a huff of air.

"Was she taking her meds." Sometimes granny can be forgetful.

"Her pill bottle was full when I took it out and her inhaler was empty."

"What are you gonna do?" I ask sitting down.

"I'm thinking about putting her in a nursing home."

"It's up to you as long as she's treated right." I say looking at my mother's brown eyes.

I walked out the door after a couple of minutes. I see Grayson waiting for me. I smile at him and hug him. He squeezes my sides gently while I inhale his sent.

"Thank you." I say still hugging him.

"You know i'm always here for you." He laughs and lets go.

"So how's she doing?" He asks concerned.

"She's fine. It was just a asthma attack because she wasn't taking her meds." He nods and puts his arm around my shoulder. My phone rings and I see that Tasha is calling me.

"Hey." I say into the phone.

"Chrissy and I were thinking about going to her dads beach house for spring break."

"What does that have to do with me?" I ask not really grasping what she was saying.

"Girl chill out. We want you and Carmen to go."

"I have to ask my mom but that sounds nice. But isn't the beach house in Cali?"

"All we would have to do is drive since we live in Seattle."

"Look I gotta go I'll see you later." I hang up and put my phone in my pocket.

I don't even know if my mom will let me go. But it would be nice to have a little break and enjoy the beach. I think I want to go now just for half of spring break.