Chapter 8: Invitation

Sabrina's POV

It was the next day and I was already getting dressed. I picked out a floral staker skirt and a plain white fitted tee shirt. I even woke up early to flat iron my hair. I used my makeup to cover small blemishes and put my contacts in.

My mother already left for work early and my grandmother was sleep. So I grabbed a apple and my black jacket. I was waiting outside my house for Carmen. I grabbed my favorite book 'The Maze Runner' and started over. Iv'e read this book about a million times.

She pulled up and honked her horn. That brought me back from my book and I opened the passenger door.

"Hey!" I said happy.

"Why so happy?" She asked pulling off.

"Am I really that happy?"

"Uhh yes you are. I could already tell from the skirt." She said laughing.

"I just wanted to wear a skirt with flowers on it." I said laughing.

She pulled up to the school with Chrissy and Tasha waiting for us. Carmen parked and we got out. We all walked into the school together.

"So what's up!" I said trying to make conversation.

"Happy much." Chrissy said with her books.

"I am not that happy." I said laughing.

"Well I gotta get to AP calculus." Carmen said and went her way.

"That girl is smart as hell." Tasha said walking with me.

"I almost failed geometry in 3rd grade." I said frowning.

"Key word almost." She said turning my frown upside down.

Mrs. Peck was already in class writing on the board. I took my seat next to Grayson. I never looked at him but I had the urge he was staring at me.

"Do you have make up on?" He said grabbing my shoulder.

"No." I said and then turned back around.

I know I lied but I didnt want to talk to him. The bell rung and people started filling into the classroom. Some kids even ran full speed. Mrs. Peck turned around and smiled at us. I internally groan knowing something was up.

"Today class we will be starting that project. You can either do a fifteenth page paper on the book. Or do a scene."

A kid raised his hand in the back. "So what's the point of doing a paper if everyone is going to do a scene?"

"Ah well. You have to write it based on the book. The deconstructed scene is totally from your point of view." She said answering his question.

The room filled with chatter as partners talked about what they were going to do. I sat in my seat in silence when I finally had the guts to talk to him.

"Okay so I can do all the work. You don't have to worry about it." I said pulling out some paper.

"That's bull shit. Im helping you."

"Okay then. So Mrs. Peck isnt giving us time to do this in class." I said trailing off.

"You could come to my house." He said looking at me.

"Sure. But since I don't have a car you'll have to drive me."

"No problem. Just look for the infamous black car." He said laughing.

"Mhm." I said as the bell rang for second period.

I was walking with Chrissy to math. All she did was gossip. I laughed at her talking about other people.