Chapter 25: PROM!

{Calli}

Tonight is the night I've been waiting for since my freshman year. The junior and senior prom. Throughout the week last minute preparations are made. Demi, Beth and I go on Friday to get our nails done. Saturday afternoon we have our hair appointments. I decide on getting my hair cut as well, so it goes from hanging down my back just below my waist, to resting on my shoulders. For my hairstyle, they curl it, and pin some of it up with a shiny hair pin. They also add a poof to give it volume. Once the three of us are back at my house its time to put on our dresses and makeup.

Demi and Beth helped me choose my dress a couple weeks before prom. My dress is yellow and almost form fitting. It's a high collar in the front, but the back is opened. Demi's dress is a purple Cinderella ball gown, and Beth has a hot pink strapless mermaid dress. We're just about ready when my mom knocks on the door.

"The boys are here." She says opening the door. She steps in and looks at the three of us. "You girls look gorgeous."

"Thank you Ms. Kelly." They say in unison.

"Thanks mama." I say smiling at her.

Downstairs waits Demi and Beth's moms along with Austin, Jesse, and Scott. Beth goes down first and I can hear everyone "awing" at her. Next goes Demi and again she gets the same reaction. I walk out of my room towards the staircase. Demi and Jesse are hugging, Beth and Scott are holding hands. Everyone turns and stares at me smiling. Austin is the last to turn around. He watches me descend the stairs, his eyes wide, and jaw dropped. He brings his hand up to his mouth trying to hide his wide smile. Nervously, he slides his hands through his hair.

I reach the bottom of the stairs and Austin joins me. He takes my hands and looks me up and down "You look amazing." He manages to say.

I blush and bite my lip. "You look really good too."

Austin flips his hair and smiles at me. "Well thank you." He says bowing slightly.

I roll my eyes and we join the others for pictures. Of course my mom takes literally a hundred of them.

Before we actually go to the dance, we go to one of the fanciest restaurants in our town. The owner shuts it down the night of prom so that it's only the students that come in. Each table has roses donated from our town flower shop, along with music played by the school's Orchestra.

 Finally we're on our way to prom. Since we leave in such a small town, the high school holds the dance and the teachers, and other town members help set it up the night before. Lights get hung up, decorations are placed on tables, a stage is set up for the DJ. Everything about this night is turned into something beautiful, and magical.

Our limo stops in font of the school, and Demi and Jesse climb out first. Beth and Scott follow them. Austin and I are the last to get out, when we're surprised by a swarm of lights. Cameras flash in our faces, and people scream our names. Austin takes hold of my arm and pulls me into the school. With my other arm I manage to cover my eyes, so I don't see the bright lights.

We make it through the doors and Austin stops me. "You ok?" He asks putting both hands on my shoulders.

I wipe my eyes carefully and nod. "Yeah I'm fine." I peek outside to see people waiting for us to come back out. "How'd they find us?"

Austin shrugs his shoulders. "I have no idea. But we can't let them ruin our night, right?"

I smile up at him and thread our fingers together. "Right."

We make it into the gym/cafeteria where the actual dance is held. A fast song is playing and people are already dancing. Girls see Austin and instantly make a bee line to him. He takes pictures with them and signs a couple autographs before we can finally dance together.

For a couple more hours they play fast paced songs. Austin and I dance with my friends, and every now and then we'd go sit at one of them many tables set up. Just like a good boyfriend, he manages to throw in a few compliments every now and then.

Finally it's time for them to announce the prom king and queen. I don't really have an interest in who it is. Only seniors get chosen, so I don't really know any of them. The schools "it couple" are given their crowns and start the first dance. The rest of the prom court joins them, before everyone else starts to join in. The song playing is Little Things by One Direction.

Austin and I sway to the music. He has one hand rested on my lower back, the other holds onto my hand. He places our hands over his heart, and pulls my body closer to his. My head rests on his shoulder, as I close my eyes, breathing him in.

The song comes to a close, but a new slow song begins. Some people wander off the dance floor. Austin and I don't move from our original position.

I lift my head off his chest. "Thank you for tonight." I say, smiling up at him. "I've had an amazing time with you."

Austin kisses my hand. "Thank you for asking me to be your date." He says returning a smile. "You look so beautiful tonight." He lets go of my hand and softly strokes my cheek. "I'm so lucky to have you."

I throw both of my arms around his neck and stand on my toes to kiss him. Even in heels, I'm still not as tall as him. He kisses me back with so much passion, that I have to stop myself before I completely rip his clothes off in public.

The dance ends and the limo driver drops everyone off at home. Austin comes back to my house, and we go up to my room. I go into my bathroom to change and take off my makeup. I walk back to see Austin in a pair of sweatpants he left over here. I look down at what I'm wearing. I have on an oversized t-shirt and a pair of dance spanks that barely cover my butt.

We both move to the bed and lay down together. It doesn't take long before we're making out. Somehow I managed to be straddling him with my hands on his neck, and his hands resting on my butt. His hands slowly slide up my sides pulling the shirt with him. He throws it across the room before kissing me again.

He flips us over so that he is in between my legs. His hands rest on my stomach and on my neck, as my hands travel down to start pulling off his pants. The kisses are becoming sloppier and much more needier. We're both breathing heavy and quietly moaning into each other's mouths. The last little bits of clothing are removed.

Austin pulls away still breathing hard. "Are you sure?" He asks brushing my hair back.

I stroke his cheek softly and smile. "Yes."

He leans back down and kisses me, slower and softer. He reaches up to the lamp on my bedside table and pulls the string, shutting off the light. Austin pulls the sheets out from under us, and pull them over our heads.

"I love you Callista." He whispers before passionately kissing me.