Chapter 10: Dance Off

{Austin}

After what happened with Calli I am livid. I can't believe someone would do that to her. First that they disrespected her family, and second what happened after. I can see right through her 'tough girl' act. I know she's really hurting inside, and  it tore me up to see the pain in her eyes. All I wanted to do was run after her and make her feel better, but I had to finish the show.

Even after, I couldn't go find her. I had to load my bus to go back to the hotel. My bus beats the dancer's bus back. I sit outside Calli's room, waiting for her to get back. Finally I see her walk around the corner. I push myself up as she lifts her head. She smiles like nothing's wrong, but I can see her eyes are rimmed red and her face is tear stained.

"What are you doing here?" She asks trying to keep her voice steady.

"I waited up for you." I say stepping towards her. I put one hand on her cheek, softly stroking it. "I wanted to make sure you were ok."

"Yeah I'm fine." Her voice shakes. I can see she's on the verge of tear again.

"Can you try being honest for a couple minutes?" I whisper, getting closer to her face. "I know you're hurting. I can see it."

Calli nods her head as tears spill out of her eyes. "I'm not fine." She whispers before completely breaking down.

She doesn't cry loudly, but her shoulders are shaking violently. I take the key from her hand and open the door, leading her inside. I try leading her to her bed so she can lay down. Instead she wraps her arms around my waist, holding onto me like I'm a lifeline. I wrap my arms around her neck and pull her closer to my body. Her shaking eventually slows down and Calli pulls away from my chest. I move my hands to her neck, pulling her head to look up at me.

"What do you need me to do?" I softly ask her.

"Just be here with me." She whispers.

I nod my head and press my lips against her forehead. Once I pull away she walks to the bed so she can sit down. I walk around  to the other side and lay down. Calli lays down next to me, placing her head on my chest. She sets her hand on my stomach, next to her head. I take it in my hand, entwining our fingers.

We lay in silence for a while before she softly sighs. "Why did they have to bring Grey into this? He doesn't deserve this."

"Neither do you." I say squeezing her hand. "You don't deserve it either."

"I'm fixing this." Calli suddenly says. She sits up and grabs her phone.

"What are you doing?" I ask sitting up next to her. I lean over and see she's on twitter typing furiously.

She sends the tweet then shows it to me."I am not dating Austin. We are just really good friends. Don't bring my family into your petty drama. Jealousy isn't cute."

"Do you think that will help anything?" I ask.

"Probably not." She sighs. "I just needed to get that off my chest."

"I know. I just wish we could find out who did it." I say to her.

"I do know." She says. "It was Maddi and Monica. They planned it."

"What? Why don't you tell someone else?" I ask trying to face her.

"No that's what they want." She says. "I'm not going to run and tattle on them. I'm going to face the problem."

"And how are you going to do that?" I ask again.

"By ignoring them." She says plainly. "It's that simple."