Break The Spell

Steve's hand closed around my throat tightly as I gasped for breath. I close my hands around his wrist, trying to pul his hand away from my neck, but it was no use. I could never defeat Steve, not even in the boxing ring.

Black spots begin to form in my vision. If I can't stop him now, he's going to kill me. He's going to kill the baby. And then what happens when he wakes up from this? When he realizes what he's done?

It would push him over the edge.

Without thinking, I twist sideways and swing my left leg around, hitting Steve directly in the knee. He grunts and falls, kneeling on his knee. I catch myself with my arms and begin to cough as I regain my breath. But my diversion didn't last very long.

Steve was back on his feet on no time. He grabbed my right arm, jerking me upwards at an alarming rate. His left hand held the collar of my shirt, pulling me upwards. I was standing on my tiptoes.

"Steve. Please don't do this." I beg, my lower lip quivering.

Steve's hand flies out of nowhere and he slaps me across the face. It stings like a thousand bees. I slip away from his grasp and land on my knees again. He picks me up again. This time I'm closer to his face. His jaw clenches.

"Steve, you know me. You love me." I say. I watch as his eyebrows soften slightly, but they scrunch right back together.

He slaps me in the face again. I fall and he picks me up again.

"Steve look at me." I reach up and cup his face with my hand. He grunts and draws me closer to him, pulling on my shirt, stretching it as far as it can go. But I don't dare to stray away from him. I can see the real Steve behind the glossy blue coating in his eyes. "You know me." I calm my voice.

Without warning, I press my lips to his, kissing him hard. Maybe this would be enough to end his trance. This is our first kiss in over a month. It's strange to believe that I'm trying to kiss him out of a trance instead of kissing him to make up. 

I pull away softly, slowly opening my eyes to see if it had worked. Steve was calm, his eyes still closed and his tension on my shirt collar was slowly loosening. I think it may have worked!

"Steve." I whisper, cupping his face.

And then, his eyes opened staring straight at me, still just as blue as when he first attacked me. I jump back, frightened that the kiss couldn't break the spell. Steve grabbed me by the shoulders and threw me backwards. I landed on the coffee table, the legs breaking beneath the table due to my weight. I yelped and tried to roll sideways off of the table.

Before I know it, Steve is towering above me and his hands a wrapped around my throat again. I started to wheeze as he pushed harder on my throat. Using my defense skills, I made one quick punch right to the throat. Steve coughs and staggers backwards. That gave me enough time to make my getaway. I grab one of the broken legs of the coffee table and hit Steve in the side of the head. He falls and turns away.

I stumbled across the broken coffee table and ran straight for the door. I round the corner and begin to run down the hallway. When suddenly, I'm grabbed by two strong arms. I yelp as I look up and find James.

"Are you alright? Where's Steve?"He asked quickly.

"He's coming." I say in a rush.

James pushes me behind him as Steve comes running out of the apartment at full speed. I didn't realize I was tightly clutching James's metal arm. 

"Wanda, now!" James yells.

I turn around and find a tall brunette wearing a black dress with a red coat. She extends her hands and curves her fingers. A mysterious glowing red magic of some sort shoots from her hands and strikes Steve, bringing him down in an instant. He struggles against the scarlet magic, trying to break free, but he can't rise up against it. He looks like he may be in pain.

"Don't hurt him!" I cry at the woman named Wanda.

"Restore him." James orders.

With the flick of her wrist, Wanda sends a blast of scarlet at Steve's head. He flinches as the energy orb hits his head and enters his mind. His blazing blues blast open and then we all watch in silence as the blue glaze fades away and his eyes return to their normal color.

"Drop the restraints."

Steve falls limp in the hallway. James turns back to me as we rush towards Steve. The new woman follows us over to Steve. I feel anger rush inside of me. I don't know who this woman is, but she just did something to my husband.

I throw her against the wall suddenly, "Who are you and what have you done to my husband?!" I demand suddenly.

James spins around and tries to pull me away from her, "Alice? Alice! Stop! She's friendly! She's a friend of ours. Let her go!" James pulls me away from her and I release my tension. The woman appeared slightly frightened. She calmed and straightened.

"For the record, I didn't hurt your husband. I might have just saved his life and yours." Her thick Russian accent catches me off guard. "You should be grateful." Guilt builds up in the pit of my stomach as she finished talking. I shouldn't have been so forceful.

But who is she? And how does James know her?

-

A/N: Okay, so I know this sounds really messed up and that this completely skips the Age of Ultron story line. But I've got a plan in mind. I wanted Wanda and Pietro to show up in here somewhere. And I want to keep Pietro alive. I got too many feels from his death, so I want to keep him alive. Hope y'all are okay with that! Anyway, sorry for leaving you with a cliff hanger. I'll be pretty busy the next few nights, so I probably won't update for a few days. I'd like to get another chapter out this weekend. But I make no promises! Also, 6K reads??!! No way!!! It means a lot to me. As a wanna-be author (and meteorologist) it really boosts my confidence to know that my work is liked. So thank you for that. Okay, enough rambling from me. Have a good night/morning!