Remembering The Past

-Alice POV-

I had gone with Steve to his room. The door to my room had been blown off its hinges. Fury had a team of workers replace the door for my room.

"I'm sorry I didn't believe you." Steve says, putting some clothes into his dresser.

"I understand. It did sound weird to say that my twin brother was still alive." I replied, trying to stay positive.

"Why did you never tell me about your twin brother?" Steve asks.

I lower my head and stare at my feet. I had been asked this question before, and I never enjoyed answering it. Steve looks at me when he notices my silence. He shuts his drawer and walks over to me.

"Alice?" He whispers.

"We were so close before he died. To see him the way he is now, it's unthinkable. I grew up with him, he was my best friend! It's just-"

"Unbearable." Steve cuts in.

I slowly nod my head and a small tear falls down my cheek. Steve rests his hand on the side of my face. He slowly reaches up and swipes the tear away.

"Captain Rogers, Agent Mathews, the prisoners have been placed in cells. They are open for interrogation whenever you please." Fury calls to the both of us.

I step away from Steve's close embrace and walk towards his door, my hand resting on the handle.

"Alice." Steve calls.

I softly shut my eyes and take a deep breath. Steve approaches me from behind. His hands rest on my shoulders.

"Do you want to talk to him?" Steve asks.

"I know that I should, but I don't have the strength to talk to him. I couldn't even look him in the eyes." I mutter.

"Then get some rest, we can go tomorrow, together." Steve plans.

"Okay." I agree.

"I'll see you tomorrow." Steve says, his arms wrapping around my waist.

He kisses me softly before he releases me and I leave his room.