When Worlds Collide

The loud crash wakes me the next morning. I jump up in the bed. Steve, to my surprise, was still in bed, right next to me. He heard the noise too.

"What was that?" I ask.

"I don't know." He replies.

He reaches toward the drawer of his nightstand, only to open it and reveal a loaded handgun.

"Do you keep guns hidden all over the apartment?" I ask.

"You never know when you're gonna need one." He replies.

He stands from the bed. He was shirtless, which caused me to lose my focus. Steve caught me in the act.

"What are you doing?" He mouthed to me.

I shrugged my shoulders and focused on the noises coming from the living room.

We tip-toe out into the hallway. Steve stood against one one side of the wall and I stood against the other. His finger was positioned on the trigger, ready to fire.

I slowly stuck my head out to see who was in here, but instead I got a punch to the face.

By none other then The Winter Soldier, himself.

I balance myself on my toes and quickly turn to shoot. My bullet bounced off of his metal arm and went flying into the opposite wall where Steve was standing. Steve was lucky enough to miss the bullet.

Steve brought up his gun to shoot, "Bucky, don't! Don't make me do this!" He yells.

"SHUT UP!" He roars in return.

He charges at Steve. And they collide. It was frightening to watch.

To think that they were good friends, and now they are fighting each other to the death.

Their worlds are colliding.

I wasn't sure what to do. Steve seemed to know what he was doing. But then he shouted at me.

"Alice! The medical bag! The front compartment!" He yells.

I scramble to my feet and run into the bedroom. The medical bag was sitting on the floor in the closet. I unzip the front compartment and find a needle.

It was a shot.

Maybe that was Steve's plan: Put The Winter Soldier to sleep.

I race back out. Steve and James were beating the crap out of each other. Steve sees me and then throws James into a headlock.

"Now!" Steve yells, and I toss him the needle.

He sticks the needle into the soldier's body and then in seconds, it's right back out.

James staggers away from Steve, before he collapses on the couch.

The room falls silent. Steve looks at me. He has one small cut on his lip and a bruise on his forehead. Other than that, he's fine.

My left cheek was bleeding slightly due to getting punched in the face with his metal arm.

"Call SHIELD. Tell them we've got him." Steve orders.