The Party (Pt. 2)

-Steve POV-

I found Tony standing behind his personal bar, mixing drinks and pouring shots out to some of the SHIELD employees. I think he should've stopped giving drink to some of the people. Some were a little too drunk as it was.

"Hey, Capsicle! Want a drink?" He holds up a red solo cup.

"No, I'm alright. Hey, are any of your employees working tonight?" I ask.

"No, they all took the night off. Why are you asking?" He responds. I mentally freeze. If no one is working today, then who would be up on the roof?

"Did you know that someone was up on the roof?" I need an answer.

"No one should be up there. The door to the roof is locked. I would know, I locked it myself." Tony begins to walk around the side of the bar, and then proceeds to leave the room. I follow him out of the room, although I had the feeling to stay there.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"To check the door." He answers. Tony seemed a little tense. Normally he isn't like this. Normally at his parties, he drinking and laughing, but tonight he is different. Much different.

"Tony is there a problem-".

"No, no. No problem at all." He cut me off.

When we arrive at the door that leads to the roof, Tony looked nervous. But he had a good reason to be. The door was wide open, wind came flowing in, and voices could be heard. The door appeared to be busted near the lock. Someone must've used a crowbar to break in.

Off in the distance, glass suddenly shattered. Not like someone had dropped a wine glass, more like a window had just broken. There were several windows near the balcony.

The balcony. Alice.

Then screams begin to fill the air. Tony and I didn't hesitate to run. But we were quickly stopped. Men dressed in black came running out of the door from the roof. Although they were behind us, we needed to stop them before they got to the party room.

"You need to find Alice. Go, I'll hold them off." Tony pushes me back behind him.

I always keep a gun on the inside of my coat, but Alice has my coat. Hopefully she can defend herself until I get to her. She's got a really good reason to be protected.

"Go!" Tony yells at me.

I should've stayed to help him, but I need to find Alice. So I take off in a dead sprint back towards the party room. When I arrived, agents had their guns drawn. I found Natasha, Clint, Bucky, and Banner. But I couldn't find Alice.

"Where's Alice?" I shove my way through the crowd, following Bucky and Natasha. Everyone's gaze was locked on the balcony. Natasha froze when we made our way to the front.

There was Alice. Slowly placing her gun down on the ground. Another man held a gun, his finger on the trigger as he locked Alice in his sights. She kicked it over to the man, before holding her hands in the air.

If only she would know that I always carry a knife in the left pocket of my coat. She would know that she's not completely defenseless.

The man grabbed Alice by the arm and dragged her into the main room. He threw her down on the ground. Luckily she didn't land on her stomach.

I pushed Natasha aside and ran out to grab Alice. The man pointed his gun at me. I froze. I slowly knelt down and grabbed Alice's hand. She slowly came to her knees and then stood up. I pulled her behind me and then slowly backed her into the crowd, making sure that I was in front of her.

"Party's over." The man's voice boomed.